Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benchmarking Google's New "C2D" Compute-Optimized AMD Zen 3 Instances - N2D vs. C2 vs. C2D Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarking Google's New "C2D" Compute-Optimized AMD Zen 3 Instances - N2D vs. C2 vs. C2D Performance

Phoronix: Benchmarking Google's New "C2D" Compute-Optimized AMD Zen 3 Instances - N2D vs. C2 vs. C2D Performance

Yesterday Google Cloud launched their C2D instance type as their newest compute-optimized instances powered by AMD EPYC 7003 series processors. here are some quick benchmarks looking at the C2D performance against the existing Intel Xeon powered C2 instance type and the former EPYC 7002 based N2D instance type.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Upon seeing the name C2D, Core 2 Duo immediately comes to mind.

Comment

I would love to see an AWS vs. Azure vs. GCN benchmark for comparable instances.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
        I would love to see an AWS vs. Azure vs. GCN benchmark for comparable instances.
        Unfortunately rather cost prohibitive (and time consuming) for not enough reader interest.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Unfortunately rather cost prohibitive (and time consuming) for not enough reader interest.
          I perfectly understand that - actually it seems that public cloud pricing is tuned to actually discourage that. Still a pity though, with could computing being more and more prevalent, there's still no clear understanding on who provides the best bang-for-buck.

Comment

I would love to see how C2D compares with N2D Milan. The article paints a picture that N2D = Zen2/7002/Rome and C2D = Zen3/7003/Milan, but that's not the case, you can choose Milan when creating N2D VMs and benefit from the extra performance for no extra cost.

Comment

Working...
            X