AMD Expected To Complete Its Acquisition Of Xilinx Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coder View Post
    Just because Trump says something doesn't automatically make it false.
    Fact is, we are not at war with China. Half your shit will have been made in China and nobody forced you to buy it. Only idiots with too little education and too much imagination then assign human attributes to large organizations of people like they were one person. You should have learned in school by now that this is not true, and that businesses, governments, and other bodies of people use rational thought to make decisions. Not even a lynch mob can get past a crossing without rationally deciding which way to go or risk splitting up. So all this dumb talk of China this and the US that is utter rubbish. Trump knows it and has used it to manipulate people. Smitty actually believes this shit and keeps parroting it with confidence. Did Trump always lie? I cannot tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
      No, you just talk a lot of shit and want to be a contrarian. Hence my question. You have too much imagination and too little else in your head. Your way of thinking, America this and China that, is what allows people like Trump to manipulate you. You want to stay sane, smitty.
      Let's see here.

Originally posted by me
      I will grant you most of the American side was due to businesses.
      Originally posted by you
      Are you saying AMD and Intel would have wanted for Nvidia to own Arm?
      Originally posted by me
      That is literally the opposite of what I said.
      Originally posted by you
      No, you just talk a lot of shit and want to be a contrarian.
      Sigh... Whatever man. And for the record, I think Trump is an awful human being. Do not lump me in with him. I don't even know how that entered this conversation. Just because I dared to point out that different regulatory agencies have different motivations?
      Last edited by smitty3268; 13 February 2022, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Fact is, we are not at war with China.
        Aren't we? I think China figured out that the path to world domination in the 21st century was primarily economic, not military. At least, I hope that's their takeaway.

You should have learned in school by now that this is not true, and that businesses, governments, and other bodies of people use rational thought to make decisions.
        Sometimes, but not always. Even individual people don't behave in perfectly rational ways. Economists have coined a term for the perfectly self-interested individual, implicitly acknowledging this isn't how real people behave in the real world:

Comment

Not even a lynch mob can get past a crossing without rationally deciding which way to go or risk splitting up.
          Rationally? I guess you've never heard of emergent behavior, then.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            Just because I dared to point out that different regulatory agencies have different motivations?
            That is just more bullshit coming from you, smitty. You have claimed China would have blocked it so the US cannot have it, how the US decided based on business, and that Britain would have decided out of nationalism:

Originally posted by smitty
            China blocked this deal because they didn't want ARM under American control, because they don't want the US government to be able to block exports of all ARM chips to China. Nothing to do with businesses pressuring them.

There was also nationalistic concern in Britain. I will grant you most of the American side was due to businesses.
            And now you want to distance yourself from your bullshit by pretending it was about agencies and motives. What if they all share the same motive? Did you calculate this into your bullshit, too?
            Last edited by sdack; 14 February 2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Rationally? I guess you've never heard of emergent behavior, then.
              Rational decision making is such an emergent behaviour, coder. People did not decide at random to base their decisions on rational thought. Did you really think rationality would contradict emergent behaviour?

And, no, we are still not at war with China. Nor is trade a synonym for war, but it is the opposite. Trade is how we ensure peace.

Comment

That is just more bullshit coming from you, smitty. You have claimed China would have blocked it so the US cannot have it, how the US decided based on business, and that Britain would have decided out of nationalism:
                Yes, I did. (well, except that britain was only partially nationalism. they had several different factors at play there)

You're just really confusing me now. I have no idea what the disconnect here is.

How does saying that China blocked the sale for national security reasons while the US blocked it because businesses complained make things bullshit? I 100% stand by that reasoning, because it's true. China did not block the sale because Intel asked them to. They did it for their own countries interests. America did block it because of business interests. How is saying that bullshit? How does that make me a Trump supporter somehow? I'm totally confused by what you're trying to say.
                Last edited by smitty3268; 14 February 2022, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Trade is how we ensure peace.
                  That's not well-supported by history and it's also missing my point.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                    I'm totally confused by what you're trying to say.
                    No, I am not trying. You understand me just fine.

Comment

That's not well-supported by history and it's also missing my point.
                      Nobody cares what your point is, coder. You lack comprehension.

Comment

Working...
                      X