AMD CES 2022 Keynote Showcases Next-Gen Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
    tildearrow another surprise in rx 6500xt as other said, this is videocardz article about PCIe 4.0 x4 in rx6500xt

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-rade...0-x4-interface

And this said AMD's Gaming Chief Frank Azor in HotHardware interview

I can't believe it's 2022 and they still don't know what the hell Vulkan is!

Comment

Originally posted by obri View Post
      I would be more interested in AMD/Nvidia taking care, that their products can be bought by "nonscalpers" and "nonminers".
      It would not be that hard, if they wanted to.
      you have vivid imagination. amd/nvidia sell chips to videocard vendors, those are surely "nonscalpers"

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
        I'm .. sorry. USB4 is a mess of optional features, while TB4 makes them all mandatory, and that alone makes TB4 infinitely preferable.
        i'm sorry for your stockholm syndrome. if you need some feature, buy usb4 device which supports it

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          I have a 4GB RX 580 and its biggest issue is lack of VRAM, not GPU power
          reduce texture quality

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
            Unfortunately I'm done with the gaming scene. When retailer are now SCALPERS raising the prices to 3 times MSRP forget it.
            there's plenty of wonderful games which don't need videocard upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by jaxa View Post
              AMD has an interview that confirms some of the things said in the thread and elsewhere:
              [...]
              1. 4 GB VRAM: VRAM is expensive right now, 6500 XT is a 1080p card, FSR/RSR helps, and 4 GB was chosen to be unattractive to miners.
              2. There may be 8 GB versions in the future. (Isn't that up to AIB partners anyway?)
              3. They plan (hope?) to have a lot of supply of the 6500 XT.
              There's also some about the 5800X3D and the AM5 socket.
              they did many things to make this card unattractive to miners right now it looks like infinity cache compared to wider ram memory bus the miners really dont like the infinity cache and the 64bit memory interface makes sure the miners dont like it.

also the 8GB versions of this GPU there stradegy is to put the 8gb version into laptops/notebooks because 99% of all miners do not mine with notebooks/laptops.

also they did many stuff to save mm² on the node waver for example low amount of shader cores (for example compared to my vega64) but my vega only has 1,4ghz and the 6500 goes 2,6-2,8ghz...

so i am sure we will see this card very cheap on the market.
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                there's plenty of wonderful games which don't need videocard upgrade
                Very true, but it is the new features that newer architectures provide that drive upgrades not just what FPS they can deliver. But for me it isn't such a big deal as it use to be.
                You can probably tell since my PC is about 10 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

100 - 15% == 85
                  85 + 15% != 100 (it's more like 17.64% to get back to 100)

So no, don't expect it to reach the same as 12900K based on 5800X3D being 15% faster than 5800X.
                  where did you get your -15% from? nobody was talking about it except you, in real world it's 100 + 15% = 115 on both sides

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                    Do you have a monitor with a DisplayPort connector? Thunderbolt seems likely to displace this connector
                    no intel-only overpriced stuff can displace anything

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
                      its die size is at least 80% bigger, while it's only 25% more expensive. This unjustifies the cheaping out of the 6500 XT components even more.
                      if you didn't skip math classes at school, you'd compare die prices when justifying die area

Comment

Working...
                      X