Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD CES 2022 Keynote Showcases Next-Gen Products

Phoronix: AMD CES 2022 Keynote Showcases Next-Gen Products

AMD CEO Lisa Su is beginning her CES 2022 keynote right now. Lisa will be talking up the company's consumer wares for the year with a particular focus expected on the Ryzen 6000 series mobile "Rembrandt" processors and AMD CPUs with 3D V-Cache.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Microsoft Pluton ...here we go

Comment

I would be more interested in AMD/Nvidia taking care, that their products can be bought by "nonscalpers" and "nonminers".
      It would not be that hard, if they wanted to.

Sell them with partners, that can take care of their actual customers. E.g. Valve selling them just to people with an older account with at least e.g. 20 non free games in it, amazon selling to customers, but only one per account and so on.

But releasing or showing off interesting products I can not buy, hell then f*ck yourself.

Comment

"The RX 6500 XT will be available starting January 19 at $199 USD."
        lol. the cryptominers will jump on it, then the prices will go up to $500 USD at least, or more.
        Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

I wonder if the new processors and motherboards will have DDR4 compatibility? DDR5 is in very short supply and appears to only be "available" through scalpers.

I know someone who works for the local power company and he said they can't buy servers since the market is so tight (scalpers and miners) but they're still expected to keep the power on so the miners can continue to waste electricity and gobble up all the hardware.

Rembrant sounds really great, I just hope it's not another watch from the sidelines thing because either the parts aren't available or are so overpriced it's not feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by obri View Post
            I would be more interested in AMD/Nvidia taking care, that their products can be bought by "nonscalpers" and "nonminers".
            It would not be that hard, if they wanted to.

Sell them with partners, that can take care of their actual customers. E.g. Valve selling them just to people with an older account with at least e.g. 20 non free games in it, amazon selling to customers, but only one per account and so on.

But releasing or showing off interesting products I can not buy, hell then f*ck yourself.
            AMD has a direct buy program where you can buy their stuff at msrp from their website. There's a product drop almost every Thursday at 15UTC and it works in at least EU and US. Includes a randomised queue and limit to one product per customer so it's more of a lottery but at least it's something. They do steps to curb off bots and multi queues too.

Comment

Lets see if Ryzen 7 5800X3d will be the only refresh.

Comment

HDMI 2.1 and DIsplayPort 2.1 connectivity too.
                I don't think DisplayPort 2.1 exists, maybe a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

Ethereum mining requires more than 4GB: https://minerstat.com/dag-size-calculator
                  I bet they can mine something else.
                  Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

Mobile Ryzen 6000 literally destroys mobile Alder Lake, especially in graphics. Damn. I wonder when and if Intel digs themselves out of the Sky Lake hole they were for half a decade.

Last edited by birdie; 04 January 2022, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X