• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah... "security"...

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
      Apple silicon for the win.
      I suspect apple silicon will have some shit under the hood as well.
      Haven't really researched it, but the CSAM smells like one.

Raspbery pi silicon for the win

Comment

Apple has nothing interesting for this year, fundamentally I mean. M2 will be a M1 shrink to N4 basically. N3 time frame is where a true next gen Apple Silicon will be launched.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
          AMD is now an enemy of open source. Show your commitment to open platforms by sending me your GPUs and CPUs so I can securely destroy them
          Why only now? At least since Zen1 they have an integrated TPM and the PSP, now they only upgraded their TPM. As everyone can see, i know my stuff. Send all your hardware to me, i can take care of it on another level.

I'm no fan of TPM or DRM and don't like the idea that you save your passwords on the hardware that can get stolen.

On the other hand some concepts of it are valuable. For example making sure the booted Kernel hasn't been tempered with. Using LUKS I always wished that before I enter my password it could display all devices that changed or were not connected before last successful login. Not sure if that could be done in software but it would still need a verification that my running code hasn't been tempered with.

For me to trust TPM it has to be completly open (as in open hardware).

Comment

Your hardware does not belong to you anymore, it's now a rental.

Comment

Originally posted by drakonas777 View Post
              Apple has nothing interesting for this year, fundamentally I mean. M2 will be a M1 shrink to N4 basically. N3 time frame is where a true next gen Apple Silicon will be launched.
              They dont need it tbh. Just bought a 2020 m1 macbook air for when Im OOO. completely demolishes the other halves top of the line $3000 2021 windows laptop in every imaginable way and was more than half the price.

Linux desktop, mac laptop. very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
                On the other hand some concepts of it are valuable. For example making sure the booted Kernel hasn't been tempered with.
                No, they are making sure they get to control that lever and that they can get away with it undetected.

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
                  No, they are making sure they get to control that lever and that they can get away with it undetected.
                  Who do you mean by they? And what lever exactly are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
                    I will never buy a processor with Pluton in it. It doesn't really matter how it is implemented or how open they claim it is. I have zero confidence in Microsoft to implement something properly and zero trust in Microsoft to be honest in what they do. It is really a shame because I was looking forward to Zen 4 CPUs.
                    bye felicia!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ATFx View Post
                      The Goal is to shut out Microsoft as much as they shut everyone else out not embrace their suppressive aggressive malicious behavior, very disappointingly disgusting, waste of performance space, if anyone knows Microsoft they know this has to be biased toward everyone else's software, there has to be a Biased catch to it. Whenever I see Security like this being needed/for windows, these "securities" are excuses for other ****. Its not how Security truly Works, no matter what its reliant on Software, Firmware is still Software. Microsoft has been using their own platforms Insecurities to Justify breaking Anti-Trust and being Invasive in general/in areas of Technology they do not Belong.
                      For anything/everything that is possible with these tie ins also screwing with Competitors, they'll do it. Being the Control Freaks they are.
                      None of what they do should be allowed because everything they do has Negative Affects especially if its doing these kinds of moves,
                      these are very dangerous to Technology, they are very Dangerous to Technology in general and everything in it.
                      They Destroy with their own **** using Proprietary to Legally cover up anyway, methods that "can't be proven when they have been", they don't Compete, this is very ****ed up to hear, they're really moving to embrace extend extinguish through their own Software as usual.
                      "Such a Shock". I really want to say of course they ****ing did this. You can never underestimate their ****ery. No matter how much you may want to believe they won't take this or that or get into this or that, they rely on being in everything and taking over it.
                      Since they announced their getting into Gaming they've utterly annihilated the Gaming Industry through Acquisitions their Proxy called Epic Games and Partnerships which has shrunk Platform Competitors while they have 3 platforms now,
                      AzureCloud,Console, and Desktop....
                      ..they're only getting Worse in their Aggressiveness, they just annihilate with their Wealth/FakeReputation,
                      everyone really should be expecting the chaos they're causing. They actually would've acquired Discord if Discord hadn't rejected it.
                      They do what they want tbh. I'd really Love to Truly know what their Real Goal is because the way they operate they have
                      some other point of view toward everything, Nothing Positive rely on Negatives....Deceive....Data....Profit...Influence ...Control...Dirt....Reliance....
                      nice story bro. What are you saying again?

Comment

Working...
                      X