AMD Ryzen 6000 Series Mobile CPUs Feature Microsoft's Pluton Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
    You need moderators for this forum, you have quite a big collection of idiots in these forums spreading misinformation.
    oh go jump in a washing machine. if "misinformation" is a reason to believe this forum needs moderated that's sad and pathetic.

Comment

So does anyone know what this actually means?

It sounds like they are just moving the TPM from the motherboard onto the CPU, right? If it's the exact same thing, seems like a non-issue?

Comment

The Goal should be shutting out Microsoft as much as they shut everyone else out not embrace their suppressive aggressive malicious behavior, very disappointingly disgusting, waste of performance space, if anyone knows Microsoft they know this has to be biased toward everyone else's software, there has to be a Biased catch to it. Whenever I see Security like this being needed/for windows, these "securities" are excuses for other ****. Its not how Security truly Works, no matter what its reliant on Software, Firmware is still Software. Microsoft has been using their own platforms Insecurities to Justify breaking Anti-Trust and being Invasive in general/in areas of Technology they do not Belong.
        For anything/everything that is possible with these tie ins also screwing with Competitors, they'll do it. Being the Control Freaks they are.
        None of what they do should be allowed because everything they do has Negative Affects especially if its doing these kinds of moves,
        these are very dangerous to Technology, they are very Dangerous to Technology in general and everything in it.
        They Destroy with their own **** using Proprietary to Legally cover up anyway, methods that "can't be proven when they have been", they don't Compete, this is very ****ed up to hear, they're really moving to embrace extend extinguish through their own Software as usual.
        "Such a Shock". I really want to say of course they ****ing did this. You can never underestimate their ****ery. No matter how much you may want to believe they won't take this or that or get into this or that, they rely on being in everything and taking over it.
        Since they announced their getting into Gaming they've utterly annihilated the Gaming Industry through Acquisitions their Proxy called Epic Games and Partnerships which has shrunk Platform Competitors while they have 3 platforms now,
        AzureCloud,Console, and Desktop....
        ..they're only getting Worse in their Aggressiveness, they just annihilate with their Wealth/FakeReputation,
        everyone really should be expecting the chaos they're causing. They actually would've acquired Discord if Discord hadn't rejected it.
        They do what they want tbh. I'd really Love to Truly know what their Real Goal is because the way they operate they have
        some other point of view toward everything, Nothing Positive rely on Negatives....Deceive....Data....Profit...Influence ...Control...Dirt....Reliance....
        Last edited by ATFx; 06 January 2022, 01:57 AM.

Comment

I have to say I'm not thrilled with Pluton. My concern is about remote access not being traceable. There was a comment about Pluton in new Qualcomm chips in a SemiAccurate article. See https://semiaccurate.com/2021/12/01/...ous-to-deploy/ Scroll down to the "rootkits in hardware" section at the bottom of the article. Pluton might become hard to avoid as Intel, AMD, and Qualcomm are going to implement it.
          I would be ok with it as long as there was a hardware pin that could be strapped to disable and power off that section.

Comment

Fuck you very much, AMD.

This is the latest in a long line of useless harmful additions to what is otherwise good hardware. ME, PSP, motor vehicles hackable over the internet, etc. It is very disgusting to see people do these things, when creating a better world is as simple as not doing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Teggs View Post
              Fuck you very much, AMD.

This is the latest in a long line of useless harmful additions to what is otherwise good hardware. ME, PSP, motor vehicles hackable over the internet, etc. It is very disgusting to see people do these things, when creating a better world is as simple as not doing them.
              Power corrupts. Corruption corrupts things around it.

A good person in a corrupt world will never succeed, no matter how intelligent they are. A corrupt person in a good world, however, will always succeed because they are prepared to do things that everyone around them thinks unconscionable. This is often the topic of novels; although, let's face it, it's also played out enough times throughout history that we should recognise it by now.

Provided Pluton can be disabled, fine. It's not really much worse than the Intel Management Engine or the AMD Platform System Processor (although I don't like them, either). But I foresee Pluton quickly becoming non-optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
                Power corrupts. Corruption corrupts things around it.
                The right sentiment, but not quite accurate. Somewhere between 5 and 15% of the population are absolute predators: narcissists, sociopaths, psychopaths. They view everybody who is not like them to be their prey, a resource to be consumed, they view morality and decency as weaknesses to be exploited to their advantage. You will know these people because they aspire to be manager, CEO, congressman/parliamentarian, millionaire, billionaire and trillionaire, or street corner con-man or gang-banger if they cannot get a better gig. They seek to fill their ranks with other people like them, not because they can trust each other, but because they can trust each other not to snitch.

THESE PEOPLE seek power and use it for corrupt purposes, power does not corrupt them. These are the same people who spend their entire lives conspiring against everybody and everything, then gaslight anybody who suggests conspiracies exist to be a "tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist".

In the case of Pluton, it's NSA_KEY 2.0 or the acquisition and "centralization" of Skype, sociopath Bill Gates and Microsoft are very willing partners to the "national security" sociopaths. Pluton 100% will have a backdoor in it that somebody other than the intended exploiter will eventually exploit. Even on the off chance that Lisa Su is one of the few CEOs without a personality disorder, they would have made her an offer she cannot refuse. But the sociopaths would love for you to believe it's just "power corrupting like it always does, an inescapable force of nature", as if it's unreasonable to expect moral behavior from those in power.

Comment

Originally posted by spanky View Post
                  The right sentiment, but not quite accurate. Somewhere between 5 and 15% of the population are absolute predators: narcissists, sociopaths, psychopaths. They view everybody who is not like them to be their prey, a resource to be consumed, they view morality and decency as weaknesses to be exploited to their advantage.
                  I didn't focus on the already corrupt, but agreed. I've known people who were good, hard working and moral individuals enter into environments which corrupted them. How much of that was their natural tendencies well hidden? I don't know. But I would like to think that someone I had known since we were both four years old had not been like that and managed to hide it for more than twenty years...

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post

Problem is, that EVERYTHING out of your ocntrol at some elvel IS used to control you.
                    This thing is entirely out of your control and deeply within fundamentals of the system.
                    And it will be relied for security of everything, including online transactions.
                    So, any non-official crypto will have no security that one could rely on.
                    SO, when they pull the rug ( paper money) under us and then remove all "other options",
                    only thing standing will be CryptoShekel.
                    Right on point. This entire thing is designed for upcoming CBDC for all transactions(official fed crypto). One day people will be asked to verify their devices through these chips for basic tasks such as connecting to internet.

Comment

Apple silicon for the win.

Comment

Working...
                      X