No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 6000 Series Mobile CPUs Feature Microsoft's Pluton Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long as it can be turned off (like TPM), I couldn't care less. I'm sure this will make benchmarking and PC repair more difficult but, I'll leave those complaints to those who actually have to deal with it.

Comment

The PSP already pushed me towards saving for a Talos II, this just confirms that AMD and Intel CPUs are dead to me long term outside of a Libreboot setup.

Comment

Sooner than I thought.
        Disgusting.

Comment

Finally Microsofts EEE gets clear patterns. Of course you can use all your Linux stuff on it .....but you have to install Windows with WSL

Comment

I really hope we're gonna switch to risc-v soon. Too much bloat on the x86 field.

Comment

Originally posted by r_a_trip View Post

Nothing secret about it. Wappie is just how you say crackpot in Dutch.
              It's interesting to see Dutch Intelligence all over the place of 14-EYES EU subsphere over last couple of decades.

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
                I really hope we're gonna switch to risc-v soon. Too much bloat on the x86 field.
                I was thinking the exact same thing TBH. It is nice to have always faster systems. But in the end, this is yet another cpu (ARM) embedded on an x86 CPU waiting to be exploited yet again. Didn't we have that not so long ago with the intel ME ?
                Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

Talos suddenly became really attractive dispite of its price tag ....

Comment

I will never buy a processor with Pluton in it. It doesn't really matter how it is implemented or how open they claim it is. I have zero confidence in Microsoft to implement something properly and zero trust in Microsoft to be honest in what they do. It is really a shame because I was looking forward to Zen 4 CPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
                      I will never buy a processor with Pluton in it. It doesn't really matter how it is implemented or how open they claim it is. I have zero confidence in Microsoft to implement something properly and zero trust in Microsoft to be honest in what they do. It is really a shame because I was looking forward to Zen 4 CPUs.
                      plutocracy
                      the rule or power of wealth or of the wealthy.

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Comment

Working...
                      X