Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel i9-12900K Alder Lake Linux Performance In Different P/E Core Configurations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I stand by every word I said, and proudly. Act like a victim all you want, your behavior on these forums is well known and you have the bans to prove it.
    So, no quotes, nothing to prove your accusations. Go stand by your lies. I've BL'ed you.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    I stand by every word I said, and proudly. Act like a victim all you want, your behavior on these forums is well known and you have the bans to prove it.

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    @ AMD

AMD Please don't follow intels route...

I would even buy 2-3 generation old hardware to avoid this "big.little" bullshit in my computers.

I really really don't get all this bullshit technology they sell "snake oil" i don't even see a reason for DDR5 its "snake oil" you pay high price and the result is very very small.

many of these bullshit technologies are only around because of the lag of competition in the market,
    for example """Hyperthreading""" in Desktop and Gaming its hard to fill 16 real cores and hyperthreading result in bad latency in games and the threading overhead is so big that you get 5% higher game performance if you disable hyperthreading.

AMD and Intel and even IBM does this because their server customers like it ,,,

on Desktop/Gaming it is snake oil you did not want. it has some reason for single-core/dualcore/quatcore cpus because you could easily generate more threats to feet it to the cpu... but with 12/16 cores it is the situation that games and other desktop apps can not fill all the 16 threats... in this cases hyperthreading is a loss.

its a lag of competition in the market if there would only be one single X86_64 competitor who does 16cores without hyperthreading i am sure they would sell a lot of chips.

they claim there is no market demand for cpus without hyperthreading because you can disable it in bios... o well yes you can disable it but you already paid the transistors.

i really don't know whats wrong with this world every company puts in stuff the people don't want...

IBM puts in closed source firmware for ram and PCIE5.0

intel puts in "big.little" bullshit design and build in more intel ME trojan horses than the people can imagine...

even AMD will end up implement bullshit like DDR5 and the people wonder why the price is high but the result is low compared to what you expect in price.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied

Ehh. I honestly don't think birdie is a fanboy of anything he's just a troll who enjoys causing drama.

He carefully targets whatever topics he thinks are popular on the forums and takes the opposing viewpoint, no matter what it is. People like AMD? Birdie will chime in on every topic about how great Intel and Nvidia are compared to them. People like linux? Birdie will tell you how great windows is. People like [insert topic here]? Birdie will type in 100 posts on the topic about how great whatever their competitor is. If the forums ever flip and the majority start talking about how great Intel and NVidia are, I fully expect birdie will start posting about how AMD is actually the best.
    This is such a horrible, completely false, wrong and ignorant description of me, it's simply cringe-worthy.

For the 250th time:
    • I'm not an effing fanboy, I've never bought anything in my entire life based on my attitude towards any company, I buy products solely based on their merits.
    • I've criticized both AMD and NVIDIA for their insane pricing policy recently, Intel for stalling progress by rehashing Sky Lake for five years in a row with minimal performance gains.
    • I have never trolled for Christ's sake
    • Show me a single message where I say or imply "Intel or NVIDIA are great" - I dare you.
    If a crowd of fanatics/lunatics mindlessly chooses sides based on what's cool right now, it's their bloody problem, not mine. I loathe half of the people who reply to my messages here, because they act like brainless zealots who believe Open Source is so cool and it makes them unique and special while never contributing to Open Source in any shape or form or believing total nonsense like using Open Source means "more privacy" which is bloody false.

Talking in the third person about me? That's so horribly despicable I've no idea how you're looking in the mirror and not feeling utmost disgust.

And of course, there will be no quotes, because someone just likes crapping on other people. After all, "I'm anonymous and surrounded by like-minded people, so let's collectively insult a person who doesn't act like us".
    Last edited by birdie; 22 December 2021, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by Grinness View Post

This is doable in Gnome System Monitor (Gnome 41.2 -- Arch) : user can set affinity, lower or increase priority per process; the bird-man as usual lives under a rock and/or has no clue.
    It seems it's not possible in his noname distribution. Maybe it's just Windows with KDE 3 look taken from torrent.

Leave a comment:

• Anux
    replied

You debunked that the 12900K is terribly inefficient, power hungry, and more expensive than it's worth compared to the much better 12700K? Where?
    Ahh, sorry. I totally missread your post.

Leave a comment:

• Alex/AT
    replied
    The only interesting thing in that architecture for me is 8 'still crap' but 64-bit data width E-cores being able to combine into one glorified AVX-512 module. Meaning AVX-512 is nothing more than a bunch of combined ALUs, if not firmware implemented at all.
    Last edited by Alex/AT; 22 December 2021, 06:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by drakonas777 View Post
    Birdie is definitely not a Intel/NVIDIA fanboy, he just possess a normal need to defend a certain company and a certain product during 9 page comments thread. Just that - normal need to defend company/product, NOT a fanboy :lol: Anyway.
    Ehh. I honestly don't think birdie is a fanboy of anything he's just a troll who enjoys causing drama.

He carefully targets whatever topics he thinks are popular on the forums and takes the opposing viewpoint, no matter what it is. People like AMD? Birdie will chime in on every topic about how great Intel and Nvidia are compared to them. People like linux? Birdie will tell you how great windows is. People like [insert topic here]? Birdie will type in 100 posts on the topic about how great whatever their competitor is. If the forums ever flip and the majority start talking about how great Intel and NVidia are, I fully expect birdie will start posting about how AMD is actually the best.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Anux View Post
    Not true, i have already debunked this.
    You debunked that the 12900K is terribly inefficient, power hungry, and more expensive than it's worth compared to the much better 12700K? Where?

Leave a comment:

• mdedetrich
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post

This is further exacerbated by the fact that in Linux you can increase your process priority ("niceness"), say 19, but you can never lower it back to the original value, e.g. 0. This sounds almost idiotic to think about that. Why can't you renice it back to 0? In the end you can simply restart it and circumvent this "restriction".
    You can decrease the priority of a running linux process to be newer, its just if go down below 0 you need sudo permissions (I think this is due to the fact that the range below 0 is typically for kernel level processes that have higher priority than userspace).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X