AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anux View Post
    I didn't say that they don't exist. Just that in the good old times, you could pick any Thinkpad and you didn't have to worry to break the LAN port or anythig else.
    And it also doesn't need to be thick, look how Dell does it:
    Sure I accept this argument, but I said a few pages ago that Lenovo did add more Thinkpad product lines which target different consumer demographics, and yes some of those lines are cheaper (Yoga) while others are thinner while still have decent build quality (T series).

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post

There aren't any P series ThinkPads without Nvidia graphics are there though? My casual search reveals that they all have Nvidia quadros graphics. I would love a P series but don't want to mess with the Nvidia blob on Linux and in the *BSD case, 3 of 4 BSDs do not support the blob in the first place!
    This is more of an issue with AMD being terrible for mobile graphics up until very recently rather than Lenovo specifically

Up until a year ago you would be hard pressed to find any laptop that wasn't cheap which had AMD graphics inside.

Comment

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
      This is more of an issue with AMD being terrible for mobile graphics up until very recently rather than Lenovo specifically
      I had a very plesant experience with AMD graphics atleast since the "new" driver model.
      Up until a year ago you would be hard pressed to find any laptop that wasn't cheap which had AMD graphics inside.
      There were models like Hp EliteBook that were not cheap (business notebook), but they always had a little drawback to the same model with intel. For example a worse display or no keyboard light, etc.
      Last edited by Anux; 21 December 2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know if this clear-out is available also in Europe? Seems to be U.S.A. specific...

Comment

Working...
        X