Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Apple M1 Bring-Up For Linux Continues: SPI, SimpleDRM, PMU

Phoronix: More Apple M1 Bring-Up For Linux Continues: SPI, SimpleDRM, PMU

One year after Apple introduced the M1 SoC and the effort began to bring-up this Apple Silicon under Linux, the effort remains ongoing and more code is inching closer to the mainline kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just for others benefits OpenBSD and NetBSD are doing a lot of M1 bring up in joint work with the Linux devs.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
      Just for others benefits OpenBSD and NetBSD are doing a lot of M1 bring up in joint work with the Linux devs.
      This is what I'm looking forward to. So far even with only software rendering, Alyssa has said Linux on the M1 is faster than it has any right to be. OpenBSD on the M1 would make for one hell of a fast workstation once video drivers are worked out. My experience with macOS on the M1 mini makes me hopeful that OpenBSD on the same machine will be unbelievably performant.

Comment

Working...
      X