Loongson Posts Patch Series For Bringing Up LoongArch In GCC Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loongson Posts Patch Series For Bringing Up LoongArch In GCC Compiler

Phoronix: Loongson Posts Patch Series For Bringing Up LoongArch In GCC Compiler

China's Loongson continues bringing up LoongArch processor support for Linux with this MIPS64-based ISA now seeing the complete patch series for review to enable the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Pity that OpenBSD is dropping support for the Loongson architecture after 7.0 release due to how long compile times were getting. They still did all the compiling on the netbook Loongson laptops. Pity because Loongson server chips are just around the corner and more powerful chips.

Comment

I'm sure when the servers are actually available (and can be purchased by people), they will rev it up again.

Currently tracking down a Loongson laptop is very difficult.

Comment

Debian has a port for it, loongarch64 but it seems not ready..

Also its very difficult to find LoongArch hardware, but would be nice to see support for this open arch.
        For what I read they are produced now at 12/14nm, 2.3-2.5Ghz. ~35W for 3A5000, but its a quad core I think..

Comment

They missed the marketing opportunity to call it Loooooongson for the lols like the space elevator

Comment

China's Loongson and the LoongArch.

Doesn't this give anyone else here a chuckle?

A brief meaning of the lyrics is given by myself as follows:Title: 祝捷 (Victory Celebration)Heavy snow flew, wiping off the journey dirt. Enemy assaulted, (ne...

Comment

Working...
            X