AMD Ryzen 5 5600G / Ryzen 7 5700G Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenReaper View Post
    I'm looking to buy one of the 6000-series APUs when they come out, because RDNA2 promises increased power efficiency and I figure this'll help it get the best out of the limited power budget - plus I understand it has raytracing support (I don't expect much, just console tech parity). However, I'm concerned that this will be undermined by lack of AV1 decode (even if vector-based software decode has gotten a lot better).
    If it doesn't have AV1 decode, I'm not buying it. Simple as that.

Comment

"Ryzen 7 5700G for around $359"

Chuckled when I read that, these things did cost double that here!

I just checked however, prices have come down. Surprising.

Think I'll continue holding off until AM5, don't want to waste anymore money on my AM4 setup (3600 with B550 board).
      Last edited by theriddick; 08 September 2021, 11:48 PM.

Comment

It would be nice installing Windows on that same machine and comparing the results.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G / Ryzen 7 5700G Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Recently with my Linux benchmarks of the Ryzen 5 5600G and Ryzen 7 5700G Zen 3 APUs with Radeon Vega graphics I touched on the GPU graphics/compute performance in some of the basic benchmarks while in this article are a number of Steam Play and native Linux gaming benchmarks for looking at the potential for these latest-generation desktop APUs for Linux gaming.

https://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=30505
          Michael, will you please take a look at file system performance with the Samsung 980 Pro (PCIe 4.0) vs 970 Pro (PCIe 3.0)? The 5000G CPUs come with PCIe 3.0, so it would be interesting to see if 980 Pro is significantly better or not.

Comment

Working...
          X