AMD Van Gogh Firmware Published, Other Radeon GPU Firmware Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

That 4700S isn't a thing I would be interested, since in my neck of the woods, is more or less the same price as a Zen 3 CPU+mobo+memory.

But a CPU with functional RDNA2 GPU is highly tempting on those times of crazy prices. I'm hanging on a old I7 3770k and praying to Crom for it to last until a good RDNA2 APU get into the market. I decided to ditch AAA gaming and a good APU is sufficient for my needs.
    Just buy a steam deck and use it with a usb-c dock. Of course, the performance/upgradeability is limited due to the form factor, but you gain on the mobility front.. and support the project

Comment

What are MES firmware files? Updating it, always complains about these missing (besides new ones like Aldebaran and etc.):

navi10_mes.bin
      sienna_cichlid_mes.bin

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        What are MES firmware files? Updating it, always complains about these missing (besides new ones like Aldebaran and etc.):

navi10_mes.bin
        sienna_cichlid_mes.bin
        MES is a new block on RDNA1 and up. I don't think we are using it in the Linux drivers yet although agd5f may correct me on that.

Right now we use the MEC microcode to perform two different tasks - fine grained scheduling of multiple queues on a single compute pipeline, and coarse grained multiplexing of queues and processes across a fixed number of hardware queues and pipes - what we call "HWS" or HW scheduling in amdkfd.

The purpose of MES is to replace MEC "HW Scheduling" over time (for compute) and to add HW scheduling for the first time (for graphics).
        Last edited by bridgman; 12 August 2021, 07:34 PM.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post

Just buy a steam deck and use it with a usb-c dock. Of course, the performance/upgradeability is limited due to the form factor, but you gain on the mobility front.. and support the project
          I'd say that use case compares well to expensive mini PCs. Just keep it docked at your desk, and you also have a little touch screen / secondary display that could be useful.

64 GB eMMC is not great, but it's probably upgradable.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post

While I do want a Deck, I wouldn't use is as my main PC. Valve didn't sold the Steam Controller where I live, and importing one made me pay double the price in shipping and importing taxes. At 400 bucks, bringing a Deck would be a painful bleed in my finances that I'm not willing to do. A mid-range APU with a reasonable AM5 mobo will be what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
              While I do want a Deck, I wouldn't use is as my main PC. Valve didn't sold the Steam Controller where I live, and importing one made me pay double the price in shipping and importing taxes. At 400 bucks, bringing a Deck would be a painful bleed in my finances that I'm not willing to do. A mid-range APU with a reasonable AM5 mobo will be what I'm looking for.
              There are Services for this. https://www.myus.com/where-we-ship/

You can send the Pakage to them and they would relay it to you. of course, it is not free but if you cant buy it normal.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

So the CPU equivalent of this?
                LET'S GOOOOO

AMD has officially confirmed its next-gen RDNA 3 GPUs, the Navi 31 & Navi 33, which have been added to the ROCm GPUOpen platform.

I just noticed "VAN_GOGH_LITE" on that Wccftech article which has apparently been seen in drivers for over a year now. Maybe that's a cut-down version?

I would be a little surprised to see a dual-core Van Gogh. Maybe they will knock off a couple of CUs.

Comment

Originally posted by jaxa View Post

LET'S GOOOOO
                  I would prefer something more like this:

Polaris Slingshot

Comment

Working...
                  X