X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maffblaster
    replied
    Originally posted by rene View Post
    that will be fun together with an RX6700XT RISCV64 Linux desktop ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv4-_a_3BKg
    Gentoo developer here - excellent work, René! Many times developers in open source go under noticed for significant accomplishments. Glad you are getting noticed for that one.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

You can run a risc-v native android image. Most android apps are not dependent on a specific arch.
    Originally posted by Ladis View Post

If he's fine without apps built with NDK (e.g. Unity3D and Unreal games, anything in non-Java/Kotlin languages).
    Unfortunately there are many things that won't work in my usecase. Ideally I could run a risc-v image and have a translation library within android (like Houdini for arm -> x86). but I did not know of a risc-v image of android was made, I wonder if there is an image that will work in qemu that I can test, even if just using emulation

Leave a comment:

• Ladis
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

You can run a risc-v native android image. Most android apps are not dependent on a specific arch.
    If he's fine without apps built with NDK (e.g. Unity3D and Unreal games, anything in non-Java/Kotlin languages).

Leave a comment:

• Alexmitter
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
    I just need a realtime arm64 -> risc-v translation so I can have a linux phone running on risc-v and run android in qemu

Leave a comment:

• lyamc
    replied
    I’m going to keep cheering you guys on from the sidelines, go get em!

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    I just need a realtime arm64 -> risc-v translation so I can have a linux phone running on risc-v and run android in qemu

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    Off-topic:

rene congratulations for your work with AMD GPU and RISC-V that was picked up by several news sites, when I read those news I recognized the name and was wondering "isn't he that guy who always post a link to his youtube channel!?", now I'll check the videos instead of treating it as a self-promotion move

Leave a comment:

• rene
    replied
    that will be fun together with an RX6700XT RISCV64 Linux desktop ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv4-_a_3BKg

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic RISC-V Developers Continue Working On KVM Support

RISC-V Developers Continue Working On KVM Support

Phoronix: RISC-V Developers Continue Working On KVM Support

Going on for more than one year now is the effort for supporting KVM virtualization with the RISC-V architecture, which is very much important for RISC-V processors to be able to eventually take lift in the server space. The KVM RISC-V enablement work is now up to its nineteenth revision but not yet clear if it's ready for mainlining...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X