X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maffblaster
    replied
    Originally posted by rene View Post
    that will be fun together with an RX6700XT RISCV64 Linux desktop ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv4-_a_3BKg
    Gentoo developer here - excellent work, René! Many times developers in open source go under noticed for significant accomplishments. Glad you are getting noticed for that one.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

You can run a risc-v native android image. Most android apps are not dependent on a specific arch.
    Originally posted by Ladis View Post

If he's fine without apps built with NDK (e.g. Unity3D and Unreal games, anything in non-Java/Kotlin languages).
    Unfortunately there are many things that won't work in my usecase. Ideally I could run a risc-v image and have a translation library within android (like Houdini for arm -> x86). but I did not know of a risc-v image of android was made, I wonder if there is an image that will work in qemu that I can test, even if just using emulation

Leave a comment:

• Ladis
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

You can run a risc-v native android image. Most android apps are not dependent on a specific arch.
    If he's fine without apps built with NDK (e.g. Unity3D and Unreal games, anything in non-Java/Kotlin languages).

Leave a comment:

• Alexmitter
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
    I just need a realtime arm64 -> risc-v translation so I can have a linux phone running on risc-v and run android in qemu

Leave a comment:

• lyamc
    replied
    I’m going to keep cheering you guys on from the sidelines, go get em!

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    I just need a realtime arm64 -> risc-v translation so I can have a linux phone running on risc-v and run android in qemu

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    Off-topic:

rene congratulations for your work with AMD GPU and RISC-V that was picked up by several news sites, when I read those news I recognized the name and was wondering "isn't he that guy who always post a link to his youtube channel!?", now I'll check the videos instead of treating it as a self-promotion move

Leave a comment:

• rene
    replied
    that will be fun together with an RX6700XT RISCV64 Linux desktop ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv4-_a_3BKg

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic RISC-V Developers Continue Working On KVM Support

RISC-V Developers Continue Working On KVM Support

Phoronix: RISC-V Developers Continue Working On KVM Support

Going on for more than one year now is the effort for supporting KVM virtualization with the RISC-V architecture, which is very much important for RISC-V processors to be able to eventually take lift in the server space. The KVM RISC-V enablement work is now up to its nineteenth revision but not yet clear if it's ready for mainlining...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ualization-v19
Working...
X