Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loongson 3A5000 Benchmarks For These New Chinese CPUs Built On The LoongArch ISA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brucehoult View Post

There's nothing to prove.

Technically RISC-V is a very conventional RISC, similar to MIPS and Arm64. Put the money in and it can do anything they can -- including M1-level and higher.

Non-technical, RISC-V has the business model, the buzz, the momentum, and investment is coming.
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Right now, China's Alibaba is the only company I know that has put RISC-V into production, and only as a basic no-frills server CPU. Tencent, ZTE and Huawei have not even got production silicon out, and the various universities in China with access to engineering samples are still in the "it boots Linux but that's it" phase.

Comment

Originally posted by billyswong View Post
      Historically Tibet is under military control of China only after 1720. After Qing Empire collapsed, Tibet declared independence and got annexed again by People's Republic of China in 1951.
      The model of democracy, the United States, will not be established until 56 years later. But now, under the rule of the “evil” CCP, Tibet is still Tibetan; In democracy and freedom, there are no Indians in America.

As a colored person, I really can't understand the benefits of democracy and freedom you said.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
        If the board of directors were to decide to change the licensing model for future designs then it would put all investments and developments at risk. Such changes can always happen and have happened before. To think RISC-V had a major advantage, because it is currently free of charge is not as big as you may think. That it is currently free of charge may only be to get companies invested in RISC-V and once it takes off is it likely that some form of tribute needs to be made to keep it all running.
        Most unlikely, as the directors come from different organisations.

In the very very unlikely event something like that happened, it would just result in a fork from the last free version, a new organisation to manage it, and maybe a change of name if necessary.

Once this year's crop of ISA extensions -- 1.0 versions of vector, bitmanip, cache management, packed SIMD, scalar crypto instructions -- are in to the RVA22 and RVM22 profiles there is already pretty much everything any other major ISA has. What is some future rogue board of directors even going to put into a non-free official spec to make it so much more compelling that people go along with them? Or Intel for that matter, as custom extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Right now, China's Alibaba is the only company I know that has put RISC-V into production, and only as a basic no-frills server CPU. Tencent, ZTE and Huawei have not even got production silicon out, and the various universities in China with access to engineering samples are still in the "it boots Linux but that's it" phase.
          And what?

No one claims RISC-V is widely deployed and competitive *today*. Are you so completely incapable of projecting the current position and the velocity into a future position?

I'm reminded of Steve Jobs quoting Wayne Gretzky.

Comment

I am surprised so many people support China/Chinese policies. I know there are deficiencies in democracies, but to look at China as beacon of light is just plain foolish. Guess its really quite easy to get away murdering, slaughtering people and destroying entire cultures as long as there is lots of money and good tech to throw around

Comment

Originally posted by leo_sk View Post
              I am surprised so many people support China/Chinese policies. I know there are deficiencies in democracies, but to look at China as beacon of light is just plain foolish.
              "Defficiencies" ?
              Assange is more than A DECADE in ILLEGAL imprisonment and has gone through at least TWO assasination attempts. All done by THE GOVERMENT. And his fate is still uncertain AFTER one of key witnesses has confesssed that he was been coerced by FBI into lying.
              Similar examples are all around us. So many people have been "Epsteined" - McAfee being just fresh dot on the line.
              Let alone "tidbits" like Epstein's appointed judge having his family members murdered etc.
              That's not even worth MSM time in "democracies".
              And there are thousands of similar examples.
              Just one of bazzilion:
              "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF1ZJdwqCLQ"

But somehow, Israel vaporizing a building full of civillians and journalists isn't a genocide. Or even a massacre.
              Perhaps because they weren't Uighurs.
              Last edited by Brane215; 26 July 2021, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
                Assange is more than A DECADE in ILLEGAL imprisonment
                Uh .. no.

Assange spent from 19 June 2012 until 11 April 2019 hiding in the embassy of Ecuador, of his own free will. The Ecuadorians would have permitted him to leave at any time, and indeed they were clearly pretty quickly sick of him and his bullshit and would have *preferred* him to leave. Eventually their patience was exhausted and they invited the UK police in to take him away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Western Digital is putting RISC-5 in its SSD controllers. NVidia is putting RISC-5 into its micro controllers in its GPU's. LG is using RISC-5 for its upscaling AI in TVS (called LNE https://riscv.org/wp-content/uploads...ISC-V-Core.pdf).

I can keep on going

Comment

I am surprised so many people support China/Chinese policies. I know there are deficiencies in democracies, but to look at China as beacon of light is just plain foolish. Guess its really quite easy to get away murdering, slaughtering people and destroying entire cultures as long as there is lots of money and good tech to throw around
                    Really?

The World Uyghur Congress claims that 1 million Uyghurs are locked up. The source? Their own words, not backed by anybody

President Kanat is shown to be not very confident when making statements regarding where their source came from, which he then resorts to saying that the number is provided by “some western media.” Keep in mind that the WUC is what a significant amount of articles cite when addressing the issue of detainee numbers. It is safe to conclude that the World Uyghur Congress has lied.

Comment

Let's move on to the contradicting and ever-changing testimonials.

Tursunay Ziyawudun
                      Tursunay Ziyawundun is the person that started the forced sterilisation claims which has gone viral.

The Chinese government is taking draconian measures to slash birth rates among Uighurs and other minorities as part of a sweeping campaign to curb its Muslim population, even as it encourages some of the country’s Han majority to have more children.

The Problem? She stated in her interview with Buzzfeed months ago that she “wasn’t beaten or abused”:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ang-kazakhstan

And CNN has been caught masking out the issue date on her passport because it was issued while she was supposed to have been locked up.

Comment

Working...
                      X