Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loongson 3A5000 Benchmarks For These New Chinese CPUs Built On The LoongArch ISA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
    WTF are you talking about ?
    He is saying that communism is bad and democracy is good.

Why is democracy good? Well, the US makes the best example: with democracy can one have gun-crazy people, white supremacy, never-ending racism, GMO-based food, mass obesity, pharma-supported opiate addiction, narcissistic leadership, and when you then still do not like it can you also undermine it and get rid of it. When someone gets killed in democracy then it is either their own fault, somebody else's fault, nobody's fault or because they deserve it.

I do not see how one can do this under communism. In communism does one only get to imprison people and puts them through a reeducation program. For anyone getting killed in communism is the government to blame.
    Last edited by sdack; 25 July 2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
      This is actually just your egocentric judgement kicking in. Anything that has survived for so long and despite people like yourself criticising it thinking they know better, is simply good by definition and because of your inability to actually change it. x86 is good, because it has out lasted all its competitors and critics.

If you cannot understand this, then you too have a comprehension problem and likely because you allow your ego to get in the way. I myself started with Motorola's 68k CPUs and was very reluctant to switch to x86. But I am still using x86 today and cannot help it, but find that AMD and its Zen CPUs are very fine processors despite it all.
      If there are any thing good of x86 compared to other architectures of its time, I would say it is the side-effect of all the clones and derivative together give programmers very few guarantees in implementation detail and undocumented behaviours. So when Intel / AMD improve the processor, there are a lot fewer strings attached. When one company stagnates, the another keeps on the improvement. Another popular ISA that remained today is ARM, which also spots multiple companies doing their own implementations. When an architecture is dominated by one company and any clones must duplicate its design bug-for-bug, such computer architecture eventually lose the game no matter how good it looks like at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by leo_sk View Post

i would prefer to not make this discussion in this forum too political, so it will be my last comment. I am referring to their multiple acts such as Tibetan invasion and their cultural destruction, Uighar cultural destruction at similar lines, multiple aggressions on Bhutan, Hong Kong debacle, and whole mess in South China sea. There are many more of their underhanded measures, such as funding of terrorist organisations against India, destabilizing democratic govts in Nepal and Myanmar and so on. Also i doubt there is any other major economy, USA included, that engages in citizen surveillance to the extent china does, with complete control over every social platform so that any criticism of CCP is never tolerated. These also enable systems such as their social credit system. I think there are so many multiple red flags, any sane person who values his freedom would be wary of them
        Tibet is part of China. There is nothing to "invade" there. If you are referring to their friction with India, it's understandable. Those borders were drawn with heavy meddling by UK etc with SPECIFIC INTENT of creating hostilities and divisions. HK is following its trajectory to inevitable merge with China. It can't stand alone today. Not with all rising high-tech industry in China. It's only purpose is to create artificial divisions and hostilities.
        Same with South China Sea affair. Rotschilds are trying to keep their assets in the area and China is working on cleaning their backyard.
        "Democratic" govt in Myanmar was installed by USA.

WRT to Surveillance State, China is in kindergarden league:

WRT to "Uighur cultural destruction" - Uighurs are their Al Quaeda. Many of them are extreme Islamists that went to fight in Syria ( and imported it back home).
        So China grabbed that bull by the horns and speedily reeducated some assholes.
        Which naturally pissed of Rotschilds & Co.

Comment

When coping from x86 and Arm, because these are successful designs, is hogwash to you, then you have a severe comprehension problem.
          ARM needs to be licensed (which you pointed out yourself) and x86 is so different to MIPS that it would make little sense to "copy". X86 also needs to have a license, and no one has gotten a license apart from AMD and VIA.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            It seems rather foolish to create a new instruction set architecture instead of just adopting RISC-V and get all that kernel support, compilers, toolchains, and all that already made just for free already.
            What the actual F? So in the recent RISC-V thread, you complain that RISC-V has no future and is doomed to fail and now you're advocating for a company to adopt RISC-V?

Comment

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
              ARM needs to be licensed (which you pointed out yourself) and x86 is so different to MIPS that it would make little sense to "copy". X86 also needs to have a license, and no one has gotten a license apart from AMD and VIA.
              I suggest you read up on Loongson.

Comment

I suggest you read up on Loongson.
                Yes and?

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post

Tibet is part of China. There is nothing to "invade" there. If you are referring to their friction with India, it's understandable. Those borders were drawn with heavy meddling by UK etc with SPECIFIC INTENT of creating hostilities and divisions. HK is following its trajectory to inevitable merge with China. It can't stand alone today. Not with all rising high-tech industry in China. It's only purpose is to create artificial divisions and hostilities.
                  Same with South China Sea affair. Rotschilds are trying to keep their assets in the area and China is working on cleaning their backyard.
                  "Democratic" govt in Myanmar was installed by USA.

WRT to Surveillance State, China is in kindergarden league:

WRT to "Uighur cultural destruction" - Uighurs are their Al Quaeda. Many of them are extreme Islamists that went to fight in Syria ( and imported it back home).
                  So China grabbed that bull by the horns and speedily reeducated some assholes.
                  Which naturally pissed of Rotschilds & Co.
                  Culturally Tibet is distinct from the Han majority of China. (The similarity is lower than that between Han Chinese and Korean, or between Han Chinese and Vietnamese.) Historically Tibet is under military control of China only after 1720. After Qing Empire collapsed, Tibet declared independence and got annexed again by People's Republic of China in 1951.

I guess your ideology takes the stand that, as long as an empire win all the wars and succeed to rule the world, "invasions" never occur? Even if the declaration of independence in early 20th century might not be globally recognized (especially not recognized by Chinese government), any claim of "Tibet is part of China" is just like a claim of "Ukraine is part of Soviet Union". (It is actually worse because Ukraine and Russia share the same set of alphabet but not for Tibetan, Han Chinese, and Manchurian)

The ruling class of the West being "bad guys" doesn't make the ruling class of the East any better just because they are less professional "bad guys".

Comment

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
                    Yes and?
                    ... and stop trolling.
                    Last edited by sdack; 25 July 2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billyswong View Post
                      The ruling class of the West being "bad guys" doesn't make the ruling class of the East any better just because they are less professional "bad guys".
                      While this is certainly true is the problem not in what China does, but in people who look to China for answers. In Europe has the UK broken away, because we want our control back and not be controlled by the European technocracy, and in the US are people voting for rulers who undermine their democracy. We need to work on our democracies. If we keep looking towards China and then see how they for example build top-ranking super computers from our old designs or who just put a rover on Mars like this was easy, then it triggers in people a desire to become like China, or that it was ok to boldly neglect the human rights of entire cultures on the idea that we would drop bombs on them sooner or later anyway, which is really just a dangerous mindset.
                      Last edited by sdack; 25 July 2021, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X