Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i7 On Linux

Phoronix: Intel Core i7 On Linux

Back in November Intel had formally launched the Core i7 series, but Linux benchmarks were not to be found. However, in the weeks that followed, results began to emerge through the Phoronix Test Suite and Phoronix Global. Over time there were many more Linux test results from the Phoronix Test Suite community, but now we have posted some of our own Intel Core i7 numbers from Ubuntu Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Something's missing here... I've no idea what those numbers mean. How much faster is this than my 3.33GHz Core 2 for example?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      Something's missing here... I've no idea what those numbers mean. How much faster is this than my 3.33GHz Core 2 for example?
      Or a Phenom or Opteron for about the same $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Run phoronix-test-suite benchmark michael-23540-28957-28437 and you will know precisely what it means compared to your Core 2 3.33GHz system.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Except that we're not testing on the same setup. I would need to setup an ubuntu :P

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Run phoronix-test-suite benchmark michael-23540-28957-28437 and you will know precisely what it means compared to your Core 2 3.33GHz system.
            That's fine and well, but for the sake of the article -- there's nothing to compare the i7 to. Surely you see our point?

Comment

Wouldn't have hurt to include q9650 or q9550 to have something to compare with.

I sort of totally expected at least that much.

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
                Wouldn't have hurt to include q9650 or q9550 to have something to compare with.

I sort of totally expected at least that much.
                If only Intel actually sent out processors to Phoronix...
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Missing the idea

People, you are missing the idea. What Michael wants you to do is post YOUR results from YOUR setup.

That way, when someone post his from a Q9XXX, you will know. You can't expect Michael to have all those processors.

As soon as I get Phoronix Test Suite installed, I will post.

Comment

Well E8400 would be nice to add it in the charts, as for c2d family.

Comment

Working...
                    X