X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discordian
    replied
    Originally posted by Ub42 View Post
    The Age of RISC-V is here. ARM is legacy.
    Given that ARMv8 is functionally like MIPS (not in encoding though) with some cruft removed, which itself is mostly RISC-III and RISC-IV (based on those academic ISAs), and RISC-V is the successor, that's mostly true.
    All hail our RISC-V overlords.

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    I like how they can connect multiple dice together Michael - (typo) does this mean we can all roll 20's at once?

Leave a comment:

• waxhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Ub42 View Post
    Remember that RISC-V is only the ISA , it is not the implementation. While I like the idea behind RISC-V and hope it catches on I do fear that it is only a question of time before extensions/improvements are no longer required to pass through RISC-V international. If that happens we can just crank our stereo up to max and hit play on Properllerheads' history repeating because that it exactly what will happen.

On the other hand it would be nice if all platforms and/or devices was able to run the same code, all information (which includes software) was free, copyright was a thing of the past and software patents where unheard of. I am pretty sure that I will be roasting in hell way before ...or even if that happens!

Leave a comment:

• torsionbar28
    replied
    Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
    Who is funding SiFive?
    Russia. Definitely some collusion going on here.

Leave a comment:

• Ub42
    replied

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied
    Who is funding SiFive?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic SiFive Tapes Out Their First 5nm RISC-V Processor Core

SiFive Tapes Out Their First 5nm RISC-V Processor Core

Phoronix: SiFive Tapes Out Their First 5nm RISC-V Processor Core

SiFive's OpenFive business unit announced today they have completed their first tape out of a RISC-V processor core using TSMC's 5nm process...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X