Additional AMD EPYC 75F3 / 7713 / 7763 Linux Performance Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional AMD EPYC 75F3 / 7713 / 7763 Linux Performance Benchmarks

Phoronix: Additional AMD EPYC 75F3 / 7713 / 7763 Linux Performance Benchmarks

Complementing today's AMD EPYC 7003 series review with the initial testing on the EPYC 7F53, 7713, and 7763 processors, here are some additional raw data points in full for those interested in an even more diverse look at the performance...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael
    If you've got spare time (I know, ha-ha real funny), I think it'd be real interesting re-visiting playing games with software rasterizing on these CPUs, and compare it to something like a GT 710 or a 730. 256 threads on Zen3 very well could offer a playable experience.
    Include Crysis in the testing and you might get the most popular article of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Michael
      If you've got spare time (I know, ha-ha real funny), I think it'd be real interesting re-visiting playing games with software rasterizing on these CPUs, and compare it to something like a GT 710 or a 730. 256 threads on Zen3 very well could offer a playable experience.
      Include Crysis in the testing and you might get the most popular article of the month.
      Last I checked the likes of LLVMpipe doesn't scale all that well... Haven't tried Lavapipe to see how it scales but at least some months/years ago LLVMpipe wasn't scaling like greater than 8~16 threads or so, not sure if that bottleneck has been addressed yet or other limitations.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Michael
        Xonotic has a software renderer which you can enable using `vid_soft 1` (then use `vid_restart`), but I'm not sure if it can make use of multiple CPU threads.

Comment

Working...
        X