AMD Is Currently Hiring More Linux Engineers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Presumably if I ever got a conventional job in the tech world, I would no longer be writing.
    o no o no o no... that would be pure pain for all of us.
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

White House sure. What about the rest of the country? More importantly, the British still revere that shitbag. When are they making amends for their racist past and present?
      If you follow US news, many places are getting aggressive about removing statues and renaming buildings (as well as burning them down). Ironically enough, two people that seem to be being left out are Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Delanor Roosevelt - both historically famous as progressives, but also known to have rather extremely narrow-minded views when it came to racism (i.e. they were racists - especially Woodrow Wilson).

As far as the past and present, I cannot change the past - no amount of money will do that and I will not apologize for things that I did not do. I can live in the present and do what I can. I will not demean the contributions to history of people even though I can criticize some of their actions. History must be viewed through the lens of the happenings at the time. It should not always be judged by the standards of today. If that were so, we could blame everyone because in ancient times people killed each other because they had different gods, lived in the the wrong area, were not up to the "correct standards," or were just different. Does that make things right now? No. Should we fix what we can? Absolutely. But remember, it depends upon perspective. Many consider Vlad the Impaler to be a blood thirsty psychopath, but to the Romanians, he is a national hero who saved their country from the Ottoman invasion.

I am not knowledgeable enough to debate all of this with anybody, but perspective is important, the past cannot be changed, and the dead really cannot be punished by the living. If it were a perfect world, we would get along and everyone would be using open source software that would work for all of our use cases.
      Last edited by f0rmat; 12 February 2021, 06:40 PM.
      GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

I support you at this point. Winston Churchill was a mass murderer.
        I see...but give me a country that has existed for more than 100 years and I can probably give you a leader/national hero that others would consider to be a mass murderer/racist/whatever by someone else. I am sorry that my Winston Churchill quote, meant as humorous, has caused such a fuss. Next time, I will find a Cyberpunk 2077 quote or some meme from the internet. Let us not derail this thread by discussing politics and history.
        Last edited by f0rmat; 12 February 2021, 06:44 PM. Reason: Spelling and clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
          White House sure. What about the rest of the country? More importantly, the British still revere that shitbag. When are they making amends for their racist past and present?
          you are really on the right path. in world war 2 the allied forces and UDSSR ordered bombers to terror bomb german civilian cities who had no military industry or any military present what so ever.

they mass murdered million of german zivilians without any tactical usercase in military.

Winston Churchill is a mass murderer.

Comment

Originally posted by f0rmat View Post
            I see...but give me a country that has existed for more than 100 years and I can probably give you a leader/national hero that others would consider to be a mass murderer/racist/whatever by someone else. I am sorry that my Winston Churchill quote, meant as humorous, has caused such a fuss. Next time, I will find a Cyberpunk 2077 quote or some meme from the internet. Let us not derail this thread by discussing politics and history.
            no the quote is perfectly fine.

in my point of view unlike Winston Churchill/england the germans the last 150 years had the best manners
            and if you go deep into history you can proof this to anyone even to non-germans.

World war 1.... the germans did not start the world war 1 in fact a german allie was attacked

Wold war 2 the germans did not plan to attack poland it was the USA who planed this in 1937
            book about this fact by a jewish pilosopher: https://www.amazon.de/Das-erste-Opfe...3170553&sr=8-1

so the usa planned this also in fact germany did not attack Poland first it was communist jews who murdered 57000 germans in poland before germany invaded Poland. (it was self defence because the communists started to kill germans before the attack)

then 1941... it was a fact that germany only defeted themself because before germany attacked Stalin already signet a order to attack germany and 2 weeks later after the german attack the UDSSR in fact would had attacked germany.

so in all this cases from world war 1 and 1939 in poland and 1941 in russia in all cases for the germans it was self-defence.

Comment

no the quote is perfectly fine.

in my point of view unlike Winston Churchill/england the germans the last 150 years had the best manners
              and if you go deep into history you can proof this to anyone even to non-germans.

World war 1.... the germans did not start the world war 1 in fact a german allie was attacked

Wold war 2 the germans did not plan to attack poland it was the USA who planed this in 1937
              book about this fact by a jewish pilosopher: https://www.amazon.de/Das-erste-Opfe...3170553&sr=8-1

so the usa planned this also in fact germany did not attack Poland first it was communist jews who murdered 57000 germans in poland before germany invaded Poland. (it was self defence because the communists started to kill germans before the attack)

then 1941... it was a fact that germany only defeted themself because before germany attacked Stalin already signet a order to attack germany and 2 weeks later after the german attack the UDSSR in fact would had attacked germany.

so in all this cases from world war 1 and 1939 in poland and 1941 in russia in all cases for the germans it was self-defence.
              I have read all of that in places, too. And my current job requires me to be somewhat well versed in recent military history. I currently live in Germany and love it. I spent time in Poland and also think it is a wonderful country. I have spent time in Moscow and found that the Russian people that I dealt with were also incredible. I have found that most people want to provide for their family and give their children a better life than they had. I know I certainly do.

Either way, I appreciate your understanding that I meant nothing offensive by my comment, I still have no desire to derail this forum thread with historical analysis. PM if you want a discussion on that.

Comment

I have read all of that in places, too. And my current job requires me to be somewhat well versed in recent military history. I currently live in Germany and love it. I spent time in Poland and also think it is a wonderful country. I have spent time in Moscow and found that the Russian people that I dealt with were also incredible. I have found that most people want to provide for their family and give their children a better life than they had. I know I certainly do.
                Either way, I appreciate your understanding that I meant nothing offensive by my comment, I still have no desire to derail this forum thread with historical analysis. PM if you want a discussion on that.
                right. people need to unterstand this is topic of some history class in school or history books.
                we do not have war like this right now. and yes 100 years old story should not be the key point of how to life today.

If you are located in Germany we can meet in person if you like i am near Stuttgart.

but sad storry german national secret intelligence (verfassungsschutz) is spying on me so many people do not want to have contact with me because they do not want to be on a watch list only because they had contact with me.
                of course they do this to me without any reason i never did any crime.

but yes i unterstand if someone does not want to meet me in person because of this.

Comment

right. people need to unterstand this is topic of some history class in school or history books.
                  we do not have war like this right now. and yes 100 years old story should not be the key point of how to life today.

If you are located in Germany we can meet in person if you like i am near Stuttgart.

but sad storry german national secret intelligence (verfassungsschutz) is spying on me so many people do not want to have contact with me because they do not want to be on a watch list only because they had contact with me.
                  of course they do this to me without any reason i never did any crime.

but yes i unterstand if someone does not want to meet me in person because of this.
                  Stuttgart...you should go see the Hohenzollern castle near there. Also, if it is within your beliefs, you should try the Rhinhessen, Nahe, Mosel, and Saar wines in that region.

Comment

Stuttgart...you should go see the Hohenzollern castle near there. Also, if it is within your beliefs, you should try the Rhinhessen, Nahe, Mosel, and Saar wines in that region.
                    I think i was in the place of the castle as a child. it is 66km away from me according to google maps...
                    Wines,,, sadly i can not drink any wine because of my histamine intollerance...

on-topic "AMD Is Currently Hiring More Linux Engineers"

I really hope they do some driver Gui or else do more Driver Gui options in gnome/KDE.

amd super resolution support on linx for the 6000TX series would be nice to.

shader based software raytracing for Vega64/5700XT would also be nice.

Comment

I think i was in the place of the castle as a child. it is 66km away from me according to google maps...
                      Wines,,, sadly i can not drink any wine because of my histamine intollerance...

on-topic "AMD Is Currently Hiring More Linux Engineers"

I really hope they do some driver Gui or else do more Driver Gui options in gnome/KDE.

amd super resolution support on linx for the 6000TX series would be nice to.

shader based software raytracing for Vega64/5700XT would also be nice.
                      I agree....

Comment

Working...
                      X