Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AMD Zen 2 / Zen 3 Performance Fix For Linux 5.11 Has Landed

Phoronix: The AMD Zen 2 / Zen 3 Performance Fix For Linux 5.11 Has Landed

Just in time for the expected Linux 5.11 stable release on Sunday, the AMD frequency invariance performance regression I've been noting and writing about since Christmas day has been resolved with the previously covered fix having been merged today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
      Nice work
      Really. Talk about bisecting the bits. Muchos kudos, and glad to see Michael receive the credit he's due!

Comment

If I read that correctly, on the 5900X it's an improvement of about 7% in the geometric mean. Quite a "fix"!

Comment

Yep, good find, and good work!

Comment

All Hail Michael - The Saviour of Performance!

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Thats really impressive. Imagine this would not have been fixed - how much efficiency and time would have been wasted? Kudos to Michael

AMD should pay you for fixing the "AMD image of performance leadership"

Comment

Bisecting, reporting (?) upstream and testing the fixes much appreciated. Keep it this way!

Comment

`schedutil` should probably be in the title, because like this it seems it's something to be excited about, where I'm guessing many don't use schedutil yet because of its still poorer performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X