Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuxd3v
    replied
    will be there av1 decode for the 5000 series?

I hope they have, at least some models, with dual-channel ram too..
    Last edited by tuxd3v; 12 January 2021, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cotyso
    replied
    Well hopefully we'll see more laptops with dedicated AMD graphics, especially in the high end segment. With the previous gen, there were only a couple of midrangers.

Leave a comment:

• Yttrium
    replied
    Still no mention of coreboot. ECC memory is supposed to be supported by the pro series but there is no market, boards might not even have traces for it, soldered ram also makes ecc impossible and the implementation is closed source so you would need to test ECC capability which isn't possible right now.

Leave a comment:

• franglais125
    replied
    To be noted: the 5000 series (Cezanne) mobile APUs do not have the newr RDNA2 in them.

(I know that this is not news, but it can be confusing as they announced "RDNA2 in laptops". This not in the APUs themselves.)

I'll certainly be looking forward to next year's mobile series (Rembrandt) with RDNA2 and CPU improvements.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
    But will you actually be able to buy one?
    And in particular a device with dual-channel memory?

Leave a comment:

• NateHubbard
    replied
    They are announced, and they are shipping in February.
    But will you actually be able to buy one?

Leave a comment:

• AMD Announces Ryzen 5000 Series Mobile Processors, Previews EPYC Milan

Phoronix: AMD Announces Ryzen 5000 Series Mobile Processors, Previews EPYC Milan

Following Intel's product announcements yesterday, AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su providing her virtual keynote this morning for the virtual CES 2021. Here are the highlights for how AMD is aiming to make 2021 even more exciting than their prior stellar year...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...en-5000-Mobile
Working...
X