Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingenic X2000/X2000E MIPS IoT Processor Supported By Linux 5.10

Phoronix: Ingenic X2000/X2000E MIPS IoT Processor Supported By Linux 5.10

The Linux 5.10 kernel is bringing support for new MIPS-based Ingenic SoCs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The X2000 is XBurst 2 based, not XBurst 1

Comment

Looks like shit.
      Seems like RISC-V or ARM would be a better choice any day.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Looks like shit.
        RISCV is still vaporware, mips32r5 or mips64r5 are very good options, and they deliver.
        A shame that no one is producing in silicon this parts, its also an open arch now..

Comment

Looks like shit.
          Why? I don't like this SoC either. But please elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

RISCV is still vaporware, mips32r5 or mips64r5 are very good options, and they deliver.
            A shame that no one is producing in silicon this parts, its also an open arch now..
            I think MIPS can be any good option when ARM is so popular and there are so many ARM boards.

MIPS is not open source, they once claimed they would and made an announcement that it is open source, later they backtracked and said it is not.

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post

Why? I don't like this SoC either. But please elaborate?
            Because this is shit, its like a blast from the past, it has LPDDR2, its super old. There are many ARM boards that are much more modern and the toolchain for ARM is more proven than MIPS.
            Last edited by uid313; 18 October 2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Looks like shit.
              Shit shit shit, until you realize MIPS' only usefulness is when they feel like starting World War III and Russia/China require devices not engineered in the Western.

Oh wait never mind, MIPS is American....

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Shit shit shit, until you realize MIPS' only usefulness is when they feel like starting World War III and Russia/China require devices not engineered in the Western.

MIPS processors are still manufactured in Taiwan just like everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  Actually MIPS right now, is Chinese

When MIPS was in bankruptcy, a Chinese fund brought it back..
                  This fund is owned at 100% by SMC, a Chinese fab based in China mainland, that aims to compete with TSMC( another Chinese fab based in Taiwan.. )..

But yes Russia owns a License, in any case they have several derivatives from mips.

But I thinkImagination Technologies, make a wonderful Job...
                  And the new revamped MIPS arch, is a arch from the recent days, that starts with mipsXXr5( and above until r7 ), i believe

In many cases, we should have a world with a lot of development boards with this new arch, but intead everybody goes ARM( because its the trend now.. ).
                  I am still struggling to get a mips32r5 board, and also the Loongson 3A4000( its the last big arch produced in Europe, without accounting Elbrus from Russia and others.. )

Last edited by tuxd3v; 20 October 2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X