AMD Ryzen 5000 Series / Zen 3 Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
    They’re not even close to being a market leader yet and they’re wanting to gouge.
    They lead in every possible workload at the same price as intel, the only think intel can do to stay competitive is to lower prices, what do you call a market leader so?
    They didnt hike the price for more than 20%, so the new products still lead in perf/dollar against themselves (I know current prices is a different story)

Comment

Any word on whether these will work with X570 mobos?

Comment

AMD is now the absolute leader in x86 processor market. They are also a corporation. They were the corporation that saved us from greedy Intel, but now this is the new era where Intel is going to need to save us from greedy AMD. Don't get me wrong, the processors are absolutely incredible, but the competition is over. Now it's time to reap the fruits of the hard labour, and that comes in with increase of prices.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
          The current BIOSs are already compatible to boot zen3, but the new BIOSs day 1 will have full support, for x570/B550 mobos.

Comment

they will

Comment

Yes they will. Also, some motherboards now support "USB BIOS flash", where they can be updated without a CPU fitted at all.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
                Highly skeptical of the 19% IPC and beating intel on single thread claims. The price increases are a huge slap in the face. They’re not even close to being a market leader yet and they’re wanting to gouge. Will probably still get a 5950X, hah.
                I don't know that they are gouging. With the way the economies of the world are with Covid, it is to be expected that prices will increase somewhat. Not to mention, they are still really cheap in comparison to the comp.

Comment

Nothing about the next, or current, APU. I guess I won't regret my "Raven Ridge Forever" tattoo.

Comment

Anyone else annoyed they are announcing this a month in advance of being able to buy it? It is just a prerecorded video, its not like they booked an aircraft carrier a year in advance for the launch party. They could have released the video on October 28th or even November 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
                      Anyone else annoyed they are announcing this a month in advance of being able to buy it? It is just a prerecorded video, its not like they booked an aircraft carrier a year in advance for the launch party. They could have released the video on October 28th or even November 4th.
                      It's basically to fend off leaks ahead of reviewer kits sent out, etc. Usually the reviewer briefings are like a month out.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X