Linux 5.10 Adding Support For AMD Zen 3 CPU Temperature Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.10 Adding Support For AMD Zen 3 CPU Temperature Monitoring

Phoronix: Linux 5.10 Adding Support For AMD Zen 3 CPU Temperature Monitoring

The next version of the Linux kernel will allow monitoring temperatures of the upcoming AMD Zen 3 processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And here I go again on my own
    Goin' down the only road I've ever known
    Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
    'Cause I know what it means
    To walk along the lonely street of dreams

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
      And here I go again on my own
      Goin' down the only road I've ever known
      Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
      'Cause I know what it means
      To walk along the lonely street of dreams
      You realize your vows are a Whitesnake song?

I do.

If you ride, you get it.
      GEICO Motorcycle
      15 minutes could save you 15% or more.

Comment

I'm very happy to see that AMD is increasing their Linux support, hopefully it's a sign of more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
          I'm very happy to see that AMD is increasing their Linux support, hopefully it's a sign of more to come.
          I'm guessing this has something to do with Epyc gaining traction. Like now that AMD knows for a fact it's an appealing product, they can dump more money into Linux [servers] and have it pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            I'm guessing this has something to do with Epyc gaining traction. Like now that AMD knows for a fact it's an appealing product, they can dump more money into Linux [servers] and have it pay off.
            Well yes. But why did the HPC community have to beat them over the head with it?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              they can dump more money into Linux [servers] and have it pay off.
              Let's not forget they just recently paid their debt, so the profit that they receive won't be swallowed by those bills

Comment

Not perfect timing, but still way better than before.
                Good job AMD!

Comment

"While CPU temperature monitoring support may seem mundane and not newsworthy, " yet: here look breaking news. Not to mention the fuzz about this temperature sensors and previous support patches was was not worth the paper it was printed on.

Comment

Great news, this sounds like AMD wan't so have support asap to show their product and compare to Intel I guess. Little birds are tweet that Zen 3 ipc with single thread performance is very strong and with multi being already those will be best cpus on market.

Comment

Working...
                    X