Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.10 Adding Support For AMD Zen 3 CPU Temperature Monitoring

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Linux 5.10 Adding Support For AMD Zen 3 CPU Temperature Monitoring

    Phoronix: Linux 5.10 Adding Support For AMD Zen 3 CPU Temperature Monitoring

    The next version of the Linux kernel will allow monitoring temperatures of the upcoming AMD Zen 3 processors...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...D-Zen3-k10temp

  • #2
    And here I go again on my own
    Goin' down the only road I've ever known
    Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
    'Cause I know what it means
    To walk along the lonely street of dreams

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
      And here I go again on my own
      Goin' down the only road I've ever known
      Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
      'Cause I know what it means
      To walk along the lonely street of dreams
      You realize your vows are a Whitesnake song?

      I do.

      If you ride, you get it.
      GEICO Motorcycle
      15 minutes could save you 15% or more.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm very happy to see that AMD is increasing their Linux support, hopefully it's a sign of more to come.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
          I'm very happy to see that AMD is increasing their Linux support, hopefully it's a sign of more to come.
          I'm guessing this has something to do with Epyc gaining traction. Like now that AMD knows for a fact it's an appealing product, they can dump more money into Linux [servers] and have it pay off.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            I'm guessing this has something to do with Epyc gaining traction. Like now that AMD knows for a fact it's an appealing product, they can dump more money into Linux [servers] and have it pay off.
            Well yes. But why did the HPC community have to beat them over the head with it?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              they can dump more money into Linux [servers] and have it pay off.
              Let's not forget they just recently paid their debt, so the profit that they receive won't be swallowed by those bills

              Comment


              • #8
                Not perfect timing, but still way better than before.
                Good job AMD!

                Comment


                • #9
                  "While CPU temperature monitoring support may seem mundane and not newsworthy, " yet: here look breaking news. Not to mention the fuzz about this temperature sensors and previous support patches was was not worth the paper it was printed on.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great news, this sounds like AMD wan't so have support asap to show their product and compare to Intel I guess. Little birds are tweet that Zen 3 ipc with single thread performance is very strong and with multi being already those will be best cpus on market.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X