Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Time To Overhaul The GNU Dynamic Linker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    And who the hell are you? What are your great accomplishments that you can tell people what they can and can't say here? List them please, I'm waiting.
    I apologize? I'm beseeching this community to give constructing commentary over an article rather than finding mundane things to nitpick, it's why I don't use reddit. If you're implying I should exercise my right to leave here because there's too many members who are incapable of leaving constructive commentary and degrading the userbase as a whole, I can certainly do that. But I must say, admitting you belong to a terrible community is not something to be proud of, I don't know why you're defending that.

Also, what does it matter about any accomplishments I've made? I can't ask people to focus on an article if I haven't cursed a disease? Do I need some kind of license or degree to tell people to have a decent conversation now? Hey, what about you? What have you done? Don't answer, I don't care, because I'm not as immature to be concerned about who you are or what you've done, I only care about you making decent posts, in which right now, you absolutely are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ipkh View Post
      The whole topic is boring.
      Either apps are self contained or we live with the equivalent of dll hell.
      Libraries break apps and apps abuse libraries.
      Libraries are constantly changing and not completely compatible in point releases leading to broken applications. App packaging systems are just adding bloat. Like all the Windows applications/games that pull down their own C++ redistributable, a different copy/version for each app.
      Unless something similar to installing all the explicit version numbers of a library and having each app call their preferred version, I don't see any solution this problem.
      SxS absolutely isn't bloat, it's kind of the opposite. Instead of every application coming with their own DLLs whether any other application shares it or not, they can share the same DLL if it's the same version. It's like, a couple extra megabytes for some DLLs, this web page is probably larger than that. I've been waiting for the day Linux gets something like SxS, although I'm not holding my breathe. It really does seem like Flatpak is the future, as much of a brute force solution as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibiki Kanzaki View Post
        I've been waiting years to finally see full ld.so integration with systemd.
        ho no.. put that bug off..

Comment

I hope that IBMHat fix their systemd mess, and stop breaking the Gnu world..
          This are my opinion..they already broke too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
            I'm beseeching this community to give constructing commentary
            You told a prolific coder who is trying to reduce latency in kwin among other important projects (https://github.com/tildearrow) and who is a tremendous asset to this community to "shut up" because you didn't like his little joke about a GNU related presentation being hosted on youtube. As I said in one of my earlier posts, your jimmies getting slightly rustled is no reason to tell people what they can and can't say. Lighten up and enjoy your stay. You are surrounded by truly remarkable people here - treat them with respect.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
              ho no.. put that bug off..
              systemd has more silent fans than it does vocal haters. If you hate it so much then go use the HURD. Linux is just about as equally unusable as that thing without systemd anyway.

Comment

You told a prolific coder who is trying to reduce latency in kwin among other important projects (https://github.com/tildearrow) and who is a tremendous asset to this community to "shut up" because you didn't like his little joke about a GNU related presentation being hosted on youtube. As I said in one of my earlier posts, your jimmies getting slightly rustled is no reason to tell people what they can and can't say. Lighten up and enjoy your stay. You are surrounded by truly remarkable people here - treat them with respect.
                Interesting, I assumed he was a nobody himself. There's no good way for me to know that, though.
                Although I do stand beside my insistence that YouTube and hosting videos on it absolutely is not the point of this article.

Comment

They already fixed this mess and that's why we have wonderful systemd instead of sysV init crap.

This fascist and racist YouTube spying shit shouldn't be allowed in articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
                    I've broken a few systems
                    and blamed someone else

Comment

anyone should be treated with respect. no matter of the accomplishment. But Im supporting your statement.

Comment

Working...
                      X