Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Time To Overhaul The GNU Dynamic Linker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
    Oh my god shut up.

Why can't any of you morons actually talk about the article itself, you always find the most mundane, thoughtless thing to nitpick. You'd be a lot happier on Instagram.
    And who the hell are you? What are your great accomplishments that you can tell people what they can and can't say here? List them please, I'm waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post

Can you sound like anymore of an idiot.
      Yes he could sound like more of an idiot - he could sound like you.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
        And who the hell are you? What are your great accomplishments that you can tell people what they can and can't say here? List them please, I'm waiting.
        I just made a mistake; that's it. Can we move on please and talk about the subject?

I am just not coming back for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I just made a mistake; that's it. Can we move on please and talk about the subject?

I am just not coming back for a while...
          No, this is total BS, bunch of snowflake losers constantly whining on here anytime something is said that rustles their jimmies ever so slightly. This place needs a serious housecleaning and a lot of people need to grow up.

Comment

I've been waiting years to finally see full ld.so integration with systemd.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              (And don't compare me to 144Hz because he does not even touch the posts!
              I'm just tired of seeing people totally derail threads here with off-topic posts, and yes, you are as bad at that as 144hz is. I'd rather you just banned him entirely rather than helping him derail threads whenever he shows up.

Comment

It's long-winded and boring.
                No one has the time or the will to go through an hours of droning, hoping that someone might say something interesting.

Comment

I thought everyone would hate on binutils or the echo during the discussion but everyone hated on each other instead. Why so serious? xD

Comment

The whole topic is boring.
                    Either apps are self contained or we live with the equivalent of dll hell.
                    Libraries break apps and apps abuse libraries.
                    Libraries are constantly changing and not completely compatible in point releases leading to broken applications. App packaging systems are just adding bloat. Like all the Windows applications/games that pull down their own C++ redistributable, a different copy/version for each app.
                    Unless something similar to installing all the explicit version numbers of a library and having each app call their preferred version, I don't see any solution this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by pipe13 View Post
                      -Wshadow helps.
                      Also for linking at runtime i.e. dynamic linking?

As far as I know this is only for warning about shadowing variables. I am talking about functions during runtime linking
                      Last edited by rawr; 30 August 2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X