Intel Details TDX To Better Protect Virtual Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

No, I said/reminded people that Intel will pass the costs onto us and told why (because anyone in the capitalist world does so). Any more questions?
    But there isn't really any good correlation between first and second half of that sentence. How they fix the security issues is an independent issue from who takes the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by zyxxel View Post

But there isn't really any good correlation between first and second half of that sentence. How they fix the security issues is an independent issue from who takes the cost.
      Take another guess Sherlock.

Comment

Take another guess Sherlock.
        Step up your argumentation. You don't agree, then post a counter-argument, mr Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I don't know, but it feels weird to see Intel (and AMD) come out with new instructions to protect various things. It doesn't give much confidence. I feel like what are all these additional instructions good for when it seems the underlying architecture and technology is riddled with holes. I don't know, but I feel many of these things just seems like workarounds or polishing a turd.
          Fix in microcode doesnt sell new chips, new extension does.

Comment

Step up your argumentation. You don't agree, then post a counter-argument, mr Holmes.
            I don't care about your butthurt

Comment

I don't care about your butthurt
              And there you failed one more time. If you could make the invalid assumption I would be butthurt, then you have probably made more failed assumptions...

So once again - you think you have a point: post actual arguments that are relevant to your case.

Comment

Originally posted by chrcoluk View Post

Fix in microcode doesnt sell new chips, new extension does.
                Fixes in microcode can't do too much without seriously affecting the processor. The microcode can step in and produce an "exception", where multiple microcode steps replaces some hardware that isn't doing what's expected. But this affects the performance. And people benchmarking that microcode fix will then compare the "fixed" processor with processors that doesn't need a microcode work-around.

Comment

And there you failed one more time. If you could make the invalid assumption I would be butthurt, then you have probably made more failed assumptions...

So once again - you think you have a point: post actual arguments that are relevant to your case.
                  I see you're struggling to be taken serious, please don't do something stupid if you don't get another reply, after all it's just internet.

Comment

I see you're struggling to be taken serious, please don't do something stupid if you don't get another reply, after all it's just internet.
                    I see you are failing to be taken serious. So you already have the technique mastered.

Comment

Working...
                    X