No announcement yet.

Intel Details TDX To Better Protect Virtual Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OpenBSD devs call such mumbo-jumbo correctly, it is hard to design VT-x, let alone design complex and advance protections and the software to deal with this.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Yeah, just stop creating new patches, just fix the damn thing, because Intel like any other capitalist entity passes its expenses on to its customers.
      Interesting statement there. If I open a shoe store, I have to be rather unique - I have to pass my expenses onto the customers. Business needs to make a profit. And they do that by selling to customers at a higher price than it takes to produce/buy the goods.

So what chip manufacturer do you know about that does not pass the expenses onto the customers? Note that this is completely different from selling shitty products or having unethical marketing policies.

Comment

Originally posted by zyxxel View Post

Interesting statement there. If I open a shoe store, I have to be rather unique - I have to pass my expenses onto the customers. Business needs to make a profit. And they do that by selling to customers at a higher price than it takes to produce/buy the goods.

So what chip manufacturer do you know about that does not pass the expenses onto the customers? Note that this is completely different from selling shitty products or having unethical marketing policies.
        None, because they're all capitalist, including the Chinese ones. China is about as communist as I am a Martian when I dress up on Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by hikingpete View Post
          It's funny how they put the stuff I trust the least in the blue box. The other stuff I can control.
          Then you are not in target userbase of this technology because you are not renting 3rd party resources.

Comment

None, because they're all capitalist, including the Chinese ones. China is about as communist as I am a Martian when I dress up on Halloween.
            So you are an idealist then? Or a communist? But in the view that everyone works for free, and companies should not ask money from their customers so they can make a profit?

Have you ever started a company? Where did you get the money from? Did you want to get the money back? Did you want to get money for living out of the company?

Comment

So you are an idealist then? Or a communist? But in the view that everyone works for free, and companies should not ask money from their customers so they can make a profit?

Have you ever started a company? Where did you get the money from? Did you want to get the money back? Did you want to get money for living out of the company?
              No, no.

Comment

No, no.
                So explain now normal companies can work without being commercial? Which mean based on a capitalistic view, since their whole idea is to earn back more money than what is put into them. Your argument up to now is like saying that the worlds fastest man is slow - without giving any argument why he should be slow and what he should have done to be faster.

Comment

So explain now normal companies can work without being commercial? Which mean based on a capitalistic view, since their whole idea is to earn back more money than what is put into them. Your argument up to now is like saying that the worlds fastest man is slow - without giving any argument why he should be slow and what he should have done to be faster.
                  Normal capitalist companies can't. Communist companies can but communism itself is a clusterf#ck on its own.

Comment

Normal capitalist companies can't. Communist companies can but communism itself is a clusterf#ck on its own.
                    So you complained that Intel did the only thing Intel can do, without being an externally financed organization?

Comment

So you complained that Intel did the only thing Intel can do, without being an externally financed organization?
                      No, I said/reminded people that Intel will pass the costs onto us and told why (because anyone in the capitalist world does so). Any more questions?

Comment

Working...
                      X