Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NUVIA Published New Details On Their Phoenix CPU, Talks Up Big Performance/Perf-Per-Watt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tildearrow
    replied
    I swear I read "NVIDIA" instead of "NUVIA" by accident and almost thought they were gonna make CPUs...

Although it is true that ARM implementations have been getting better and more on par with x86...
    Like I had this phone from 2014 and despite having a 2.5GHz processor it performed poorly against my dual-core x86 laptop with the same speed...
    ...but in 2019 I bought this other phone, and it surprisingly matches my laptop's performance! (and is faster than the other phone by 400%!)

Now where is my 4GHz ARM chip...
    Last edited by tildearrow; 11 August 2020, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NUVIA Published New Details On Their Phoenix CPU, Talks Up Big Performance/Perf-Per-Watt

Phoronix: NUVIA Published New Details On Their Phoenix CPU, Talks Up Big Performance/Perf-Per-Watt

Since leaving stealth last year and hiring some prominent Linux/open-source veterans to complement their ARM processor design experts, we have been quite eager to hear more about this latest start-up aiming to deliver compelling ARM server products. Today they shared some early details on their initial "Phoenix" processor that is coming within their "Orion" SoC...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ix-Orion-Early
Working...
X