X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Michael writes lots of click-baity titles, and even full articles.

This wasn't one of them. Even if it was, it's way, way, way down on the list so I have no idea why this was the one you decided to complain about.
    I grew accustomed to everything else. I was just wondering whether I should start getting accustomed to a new trend (or if Michael didn't proof-read), that's all.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Michael writes lots of click-baity titles, and even full articles.

This wasn't one of them. Even if it was, it's way, way, way down on the list so I have no idea why this was the one you decided to complain about.

Leave a comment:

• Space Heater
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

How is this title so tabloid style?
    It's not, they are just overly-critical and want to complain.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

As a non-native English speaker, it took me like 3 reads to read the title the way you meant it
    As a non-native English speaker, it took me 1 read to read the title the way Michael meant it.

Leave a comment:

• ix900
    replied
    I read it as, Intel prepping (vehicular) bus lock detection :-)P

You can read anything different ways. Can't solve it all.

Leave a comment:

• jntesteves
    replied
    I didn't think it was tabloid style this time.

Well, since we are at it, I know it's good business for Phoronix to write articles that will cause flame wars it this forum, since that grabs a lot of attention, clicks, views, etc. I think I should have tagged Michael on the announcement of NihAV ( https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...-to-the-public ). It's a subject very interesting to Phoronix readers in general, and, well, just look at that name. It's the perfect headline! You should definitely cover it.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied

The 'this' is mentioned right in the title, it's bus lock detection.
    As a non-native English speaker, it took me like 3 reads to read the title the way you meant it

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied

Yeah, but, psychology, it's an effect caused by all the mass click-bait advertising we see on so many websites.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

"Intel Prepping Bus Lock Detection For Linux To Avoid This Performance Pitfall"

Same family as:

"You won't believe which performance pitfall Intel is prepping bus lock defection for"
    or
    "Click here to see which performance pitfall Intel is prepping bus lock defection for"
    (pardon the capitalization)

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied

How is this title so tabloid style?
    "Intel Prepping Bus Lock Detection For Linux To Avoid This Performance Pitfall"

Same family as:

"You won't believe which performance pitfall Intel is prepping bus lock defection for"
    or
    "Click here to see which performance pitfall Intel is prepping bus lock defection for"
    (pardon the capitalization)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X