No announcement yet.

Intel Prepping Bus Lock Detection For Linux To Avoid This Performance Pitfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Prepping Bus Lock Detection For Linux To Avoid This Performance Pitfall

Phoronix: Intel Prepping Bus Lock Detection For Linux To Avoid This Performance Pitfall

Building off the recently mainlined Intel work on split lock detection, Intel engineers have now been extending that with bus lock detection support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Really Michael , a tabloid-style headline?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Really Michael , a tabloid-style headline?
      How is this title so tabloid style?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

The word "this" give off that appearance. It's like comparing the imaginary headlines of "Lose weight now with this one trick" over "Lose weight now with a healthy diet."

Comment

"Intel Prepping Bus Lock Detection For Linux To Avoid This Performance Pitfall"

Same family as:

"You won't believe which performance pitfall Intel is prepping bus lock defection for"
          or
          "Click here to see which performance pitfall Intel is prepping bus lock defection for"
          (pardon the capitalization)

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

"Intel Prepping Bus Lock Detection For Linux To Avoid This Performance Pitfall"

Same family as:

"You won't believe which performance pitfall Intel is prepping bus lock defection for"
            or
            "Click here to see which performance pitfall Intel is prepping bus lock defection for"
            (pardon the capitalization)
            The 'this' is mentioned right in the title, it's bus lock detection.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yeah, but, psychology, it's an effect caused by all the mass click-bait advertising we see on so many websites.

Comment

As a non-native English speaker, it took me like 3 reads to read the title the way you meant it

Comment

I didn't think it was tabloid style this time.

Well, since we are at it, I know it's good business for Phoronix to write articles that will cause flame wars it this forum, since that grabs a lot of attention, clicks, views, etc. I think I should have tagged Michael on the announcement of NihAV ( https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...-to-the-public ). It's a subject very interesting to Phoronix readers in general, and, well, just look at that name. It's the perfect headline! You should definitely cover it.

Comment

I read it as, Intel prepping (vehicular) bus lock detection :-)P

You can read anything different ways. Can't solve it all.

Comment

Working...
                    X