Ampere Announces Altra Max 128-Core Server Processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Are you sure ? My impression was that the problem was insufficient training, not insufficient processing capacity.
    they all get the same training procedures and exams as everyone else, if it isn't enough to train their network it's a processing capacity issue.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      they all get the same training procedures and exams as everyone else, if it isn't enough to train their network it's a processing capacity issue.
      Have to disagree strongly with that... people come into the training with vastly different backgrounds.

Up here we get drivers license at 16 but I had been driving for almost 10 years by then (under careful parental supervision) in parking lots and back roads.

Other people get in the drivers seat for the first time at 40 with not much experience even as a passenger.

The amount of training required for those scenarios is massively different.
      Test signature

Comment

Yeah but how many threads per core?

Comment

Are you sure ? My impression was that the problem was insufficient training, not insufficient processing capacity.
          Hehe.. biology provides the transistor count and Low level hardware I/o, parents provide (or should) the access to the I/0, and the quality of the OS ... it is the control of the I/o and the apps that get installed, debugged or removed, that the parents need to deal with.. and the viruses...

Too many parents throw their little systems out into the world with DOS 2.0

Comment

Have to disagree strongly with that... people come into the training with vastly different backgrounds.

Up here we get drivers license at 16 but I had been driving for almost 10 years by then (under careful parental supervision) in parking lots and back roads.

Other people get in the drivers seat for the first time at 40 with not much experience even as a passenger.

As right as you are, some people are just dumb and cars are the most dangerous thing the average human has access to.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
              As right as you are, some people are just dumb and cars are the most dangerous thing the average human has access to.
              Agreed... cars and swimming pools. When I got back into shooting my parents didn't blink an eye but when I put a winch on my Jeep they sat me down and gave me a long and gory safety lecture.
              Last edited by bridgman; 23 June 2020, 07:24 PM.
              Test signature

Comment

Agreed... cars and swimming pools. When I got back into shooting my parents didn't blink an eye but when I put a winch on my Jeep they sat me down and gave me a long and gory safety lecture.
                You'll winch your eye out

Comment

Agreed, I live near an islamic immigrant community. People who come from countries where women are forbidden from ever driving a car. Putting a woman behind the wheel for the first time in her life at age 45 does NOT work out well. For the past three years, I've been averaging two fender benders per year. So far the record stands at 100% other driver cited for being at fault, 100% other driver a woman in a burqa. It's pretty maddening. The phrase "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" comes to mind. Some people should just take the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    You'll winch your eye out
                    Pretty much, although in one of the accidents my father saw the whole head went along with the eye.

When a winch cable snaps or one of the mounting points comes loose a lot of bad things can happen.
                    Last edited by bridgman; 24 June 2020, 09:34 PM.
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
                      Find another human, of opposite sex, spend together some quality time and wait nine months. Its neural network will require some supervised learning at the beginning. Then, you can throw virtually any complex problem at it.
                      and it will fail. current small computers need few days to play go with themselves and learn it enough to dominate over all humans spending decades since conceiving

Comment

Working...
                      X