X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by vladpetric View Post
    Why do you care that it's only 14nm? And do you even know what that means when it comes to semiconductor technology?
    It means poor performance per watt vs the competition, which is the key metric for server parts.

Leave a comment:

• vladpetric
    replied
    Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

Funny that, I seem to remember Intel saying nm meant a lot when they had the process node technology lead over AMD.
    My comment wasn't addressed to Intel.

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    Originally posted by vladpetric View Post
    Why do you care that it's only 14nm? And do you even know what that means when it comes to semiconductor technology?
    Funny that, I seem to remember Intel saying nm meant a lot when they had the process node technology lead over AMD.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
    I am still not a fan of naming CPU types after airlines frequent flyer status.

I am still waiting for the Diamond and Latinum Xeon's to be released. Maybe that is what the 10nm version will be called?

Perhaps they will come out with a Diamond Xeon "Tiffany Edition" and resell them as jewelry. They cost just as much now.
    maybe the Latinum edition is already hidden (pressed) in the gold edition? Everyone knows Latinum is liquid under ambient conditions (earth).

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Ducks are evil. They're the mascot of the University of Oregon. Oregon is the end point of the dysentery trail and where Confederates fled after the Civil War. The Confederates that didn't die of dysentery picked a duck as their mascot. That should be enough to settle the argument, but....

Ducks have corkscrew shaped dicks. It isn't wise to trust anything with corkscrew shaped dicks. What kind of evolutionary shenanigans does a species have to do to wind up with corkscrew peckers?

I know in US wine* is not as cultivated as here in old europe, but that is a device to open the wine bottle.. :P (alcohol containing beverage not the not an emulator thingy)

Thank you for the info - I was not aware about the duck mascot. So ducks are evil ...I knew they are too cute to be true and the corkscrew is also very disturbing ...what the hell went wrong during the evolution process. Yes, ducks are birds and therefore the grandchildren of T.Rex ....but a corkscrew? You just destroyed my perception of innocent ducks.

Btw... this thing of "bombay duck london" will be considered as attractive by female ducks?

...oh this thread derailed rather quickly - im sorry.

back OT - seriously I think intel changed somehow the marketing strategy. People don't buy BS anymore. During Press conferences hardball questions are ignored (once mentioned in a Gamers Nexus video it) - or played down with answers like "im not a tech guy im from the marketing" ...

*just a yoke im well aware of the tasty wine made in nappa valley

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied
    I am still not a fan of naming CPU types after airlines frequent flyer status.

I am still waiting for the Diamond and Latinum Xeon's to be released. Maybe that is what the 10nm version will be called?

Perhaps they will come out with a Diamond Xeon "Tiffany Edition" and resell them as jewelry. They cost just as much now.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

The kittens are nice but somehow it looks like a new signature of marketing. It simply seems different to the usual intel stuff. So there is a certain seriousness in my post.

Or it is a way to manipulate the viewer subconsciously. Cute kittens? that cant be evil stuff ..lets trust them. I'm waiting for the rubber ducks or ducklings.

Ducks are evil. They're the mascot of the University of Oregon. Oregon is the end point of the dysentery trail and where Confederates fled after the Civil War. The Confederates that didn't die of dysentery picked a duck as their mascot. That should be enough to settle the argument, but....

Ducks have corkscrew shaped dicks. It isn't wise to trust anything with corkscrew shaped dicks. What kind of evolutionary shenanigans does a species have to do to wind up with corkscrew peckers?

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Hey, I liked the kittens. They were a nice change from the blue on silver on blue, all gradients, everywhere. Even the text is done in gradient. Did not one person say, "Hey y'all, maybe we shouldn't use so many gradients that it looks like a 7th grader heads marketing? And, yes, we're keeping the kittens; good call on breaking up the monotony, Laura?"
    The kittens are nice but somehow it looks like a new signature of marketing. It simply seems different to the usual intel stuff. So there is a certain seriousness in my post.

Or it is a way to manipulate the viewer subconsciously. Cute kittens? that cant be evil stuff ..lets trust them. I'm waiting for the rubber ducks or ducklings.

Last edited by CochainComplex; 18 June 2020, 11:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vladpetric
    replied

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
    First glimps of hope. Intel changed the Marketing team - they use cute kittens...does BS will stop now?
    Hey, I liked the kittens. They were a nice change from the blue on silver on blue, all gradients, everywhere. Even the text is done in gradient. Did not one person say, "Hey y'all, maybe we shouldn't use so many gradients that it looks like a 7th grader heads marketing? And, yes, we're keeping the kittens; good call on breaking up the monotony, Laura?"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X