X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angrypie
    replied
    Originally posted by artivision View Post

Zen 2 is all locked with an AutoOC +200Mhz. Unlocked means an AutoOC_Max at least.
    Why even argue about tubo boost for an unlocked CPU? If you don't want to mess with clocks and voltages, you can just enable PBO. There are countless articles on how to do it.

Leave a comment:

• artivision
    replied
    Originally posted by numacross View Post

As far as I know the only locked parts are the Pro variants that are for OEMs only anyway. Please expand on what you mean.
    Zen 2 is all locked with an AutoOC +200Mhz. Unlocked means an AutoOC_Max at least.

Leave a comment:

• numacross
    replied
    Originally posted by artivision View Post
    First they promised unlocked processors and that they will not be like Intel. We bought their platform B*50. Now they sell locked processors without even the TurboBoost unlocked. Is this a scam or not, is it worth to go to courts or not?
    As far as I know the only locked parts are the Pro variants that are for OEMs only anyway. Please expand on what you mean.

Leave a comment:

• artivision
    replied
    First they promised unlocked processors and that they will not be like Intel. We bought their platform B*50. Now they sell locked processors without even the TurboBoost unlocked. Is this a scam or not, is it worth to go to courts or not?

Leave a comment:

• numacross
    replied
    Originally posted by brunosalezze View Post
    LOL
    6700k (4.0-4.2Ghz) -> 7700k (4.2-4.5Ghz)
    8700k (3.7-4.7Ghz) -> 8086k (4.0-5.0Ghz)
    9900k (3.6-5.0Ghz) -> 9900KS(4.0-5.0Ghz)
    You can check ark.
    Ok, they call the 7700k kaby lake, but no one ever proved any difference at all from skylake, it is the same core (maybe improved mem controller or IO)
    There's more
    2500K (3.3-3.7GHz) -> 2550K (3.4-3.8GHz)
    2600K (3.4-3.8GHz) -> 2700K (3.5-3.9GHz)
    4670K (3.4-3.8GHz) -> 4690K (3.5-3.9GHz)
    4770K (3.5-3.9GHz) -> 4790K (4.0-4.4GHz)
    Last edited by numacross; 16 June 2020, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brunosalezze
    replied
    Originally posted by AmericanLocomotive View Post
    I really don't understand the point of this release. An extra 100-200 MHz ST boost clock is hardly worth a new SKU, IMO. Unless the all-core boost is significantly higher (but I doubt it is, since base clocks hardly moved).

Maybe they were just trying to come up with some new product to help drive B550 motherboard sales?
    LOL
    6700k (4.0-4.2Ghz) -> 7700k (4.2-4.5Ghz)
    8700k (3.7-4.7Ghz) -> 8086k (4.0-5.0Ghz)
    9900k (3.6-5.0Ghz) -> 9900KS(4.0-5.0Ghz)
    You can check ark.
    Ok, they call the 7700k kaby lake, but no one ever proved any difference at all from skylake, it is the same core (maybe improved mem controller or IO)

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Thanks. I already did search on ebay, even aliexpress because I know that they are not supposed to be used for DIY market. Before corona I was able to get one for around 100$ but now ....nothing maybe some low tier ryzen pro but no athlon 200ge, 300ge 3000g or anything which is an APU with TDP of 35W and PRO.
    There aren't many left, but I used to get hard to find OEM CPU's at the Computer Renaissance chain. Even if they didn't have a tray on hand they used to call around to see who did.

I don't see many of these franchises left anymore so its hard to say. I also used Equus many moons ago for rare Xeon's, but I am not sure if they will do that on a 1 per basis anymore. They prefer large orders.

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    Originally posted by AmericanLocomotive View Post
    I really don't understand the point of this release. An extra 100-200 MHz ST boost clock is hardly worth a new SKU, IMO. Unless the all-core boost is significantly higher (but I doubt it is, since base clocks hardly moved).

Maybe they were just trying to come up with some new product to help drive B550 motherboard sales?
    I mean, I think it's fine. You can even market the lower bins of the new design as the old SKU. Seems to make sense to me. What I'd like to see is first-party voltage/frequency bins, I would gladly pay the premium in some cases.

Leave a comment:

• pmorph
    replied
    I guess this is nice for people like me, who can't be bothered with all the tinkering and testing associated with manual overclocking.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by loganj View Post
    i just wish they would add gpu in every processor
    The Renoir line is coming in a couple months. That means 4, 6 and 8 cores APUs. They should be basically the laptop line with higher TPDs. Personally, I'm eyeing the 6 core one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X