AMD Announces The Ryzen 3000XT Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by novhack View Post
    AF is not an official suffix by AMD. They refreshed some first gen Ryzen processors on a 12nm node. If I remember correctly it's basically second gen chips but with lower clocks.
    They didn't differentiate these "new" processors in any way so community created AF suffix and even some e-shop accepted it and sell them with that name.
    Ah, I see. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by novhack View Post
      AMD is not that far with their suffixes count: U, H, HS, G, E, GE, X, XT, WX, AF (unofficial), ...
      They're mimicking Intel's suffixes, likely to lead people into believing they're drop-in replacements to Intel CPUs. Half of the struggle isn't making high-performance CPUs, it's making people buy them.

It's confusing because it's supposed to be.
      Last edited by angrypie; 17 June 2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
        Or the alphabet soup that the 9-series chips became with the no-letter, E, F, H, HK, K, KF, KFC,
        Please tell me whether the KFC one is real.

(Yes, C series do exist (or existed))

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Please tell me whether the KFC one is real.

(Yes, C series do exist (or existed))
          The KFC chip was leaked in the release notes for an AIDA64 update. Various bits of the overclocking community had great fun with that one for a while. I think that after being the butt of so many "extra crispy" jokes, Intel changed the designation, so I'm not sure if you can actually buy a chip with that label attached. It might have quietly morphed into the KS? This is exactly the kind of confusion I mean with these letter designations...

Comment

Intel are basically using crypto hashes for their names now. Or mini uuids - what else would i5-1035G7, i9-10885H, i3-10110Y be?

Comment

Working...
            X