AMD Announces The Ryzen 3000XT Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmfx View Post

Yeah I agree totally. And on the gpu side it’s even worse... their marketing team is really lame.
    amd don't have the same money of Intel to spend in stupid things like this. Intel every year presents a new generation cpu(its the same with 100mhz up clock) as a new generation cpu with a lot of new things and better performance(sometimes its worse) because they have the money for that. In gpu side the problem is the same and gpu market is not making so much money this days even for nvidia, for some reason the nvidia are putting out another products out of gpu makert

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Since Ryzen Pro was sold only to OEM's, your best bet is to purchase a pull from eBay.

Another option would be to see if there is a system integrator in town who can buy in OEM quantities and see if they will sell you one.
      Thanks. I already did search on ebay, even aliexpress because I know that they are not supposed to be used for DIY market. Before corona I was able to get one for around 100$ but now ....nothing maybe some low tier ryzen pro but no athlon 200ge, 300ge 3000g or anything which is an APU with TDP of 35W and PRO.

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
        What a mess the processor lineup of AMD had become ...
        Considering how these are just replacing the "X" models at the same price I really wouldn't say that... It really is the same line-up except with the "X" models now being called "XT" and having a slight bump to their base and boost clocks.

Comment

After XT will they launch AT series?

I'm getting old

Comment

A totally unexciting launch, B550 should have been released last year already. Besides, 4% faster XT CPUs for the original price isn't what I would call exciting either. Wake me up when AM5 arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
              i just wish they would add gpu in every processor
              The Renoir line is coming in a couple months. That means 4, 6 and 8 cores APUs. They should be basically the laptop line with higher TPDs. Personally, I'm eyeing the 6 core one.

Comment

I guess this is nice for people like me, who can't be bothered with all the tinkering and testing associated with manual overclocking.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanLocomotive View Post
                  I really don't understand the point of this release. An extra 100-200 MHz ST boost clock is hardly worth a new SKU, IMO. Unless the all-core boost is significantly higher (but I doubt it is, since base clocks hardly moved).

Maybe they were just trying to come up with some new product to help drive B550 motherboard sales?
                  I mean, I think it's fine. You can even market the lower bins of the new design as the old SKU. Seems to make sense to me. What I'd like to see is first-party voltage/frequency bins, I would gladly pay the premium in some cases.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Thanks. I already did search on ebay, even aliexpress because I know that they are not supposed to be used for DIY market. Before corona I was able to get one for around 100$ but now ....nothing maybe some low tier ryzen pro but no athlon 200ge, 300ge 3000g or anything which is an APU with TDP of 35W and PRO.
                    There aren't many left, but I used to get hard to find OEM CPU's at the Computer Renaissance chain. Even if they didn't have a tray on hand they used to call around to see who did.

I don't see many of these franchises left anymore so its hard to say. I also used Equus many moons ago for rare Xeon's, but I am not sure if they will do that on a 1 per basis anymore. They prefer large orders.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanLocomotive View Post
                      I really don't understand the point of this release. An extra 100-200 MHz ST boost clock is hardly worth a new SKU, IMO. Unless the all-core boost is significantly higher (but I doubt it is, since base clocks hardly moved).

Maybe they were just trying to come up with some new product to help drive B550 motherboard sales?
                      LOL
                      6700k (4.0-4.2Ghz) -> 7700k (4.2-4.5Ghz)
                      8700k (3.7-4.7Ghz) -> 8086k (4.0-5.0Ghz)
                      9900k (3.6-5.0Ghz) -> 9900KS(4.0-5.0Ghz)
                      You can check ark.
                      Ok, they call the 7700k kaby lake, but no one ever proved any difference at all from skylake, it is the same core (maybe improved mem controller or IO)

Comment

Working...
                      X