Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ms178
    replied
    A totally unexciting launch, B550 should have been released last year already. Besides, 4% faster XT CPUs for the original price isn't what I would call exciting either. Wake me up when AM5 arrives.

Leave a comment:

• pstglia
    replied
    After XT will they launch AT series?

I'm getting old

Leave a comment:

• L_A_G
    replied
    Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
    What a mess the processor lineup of AMD had become ...
    Considering how these are just replacing the "X" models at the same price I really wouldn't say that... It really is the same line-up except with the "X" models now being called "XT" and having a slight bump to their base and boost clocks.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Since Ryzen Pro was sold only to OEM's, your best bet is to purchase a pull from eBay.

Another option would be to see if there is a system integrator in town who can buy in OEM quantities and see if they will sell you one.
    Thanks. I already did search on ebay, even aliexpress because I know that they are not supposed to be used for DIY market. Before corona I was able to get one for around 100$ but now ....nothing maybe some low tier ryzen pro but no athlon 200ge, 300ge 3000g or anything which is an APU with TDP of 35W and PRO.

Leave a comment:

• andre30correia
    replied
    Originally posted by rmfx View Post

Yeah I agree totally. And on the gpu side it’s even worse... their marketing team is really lame.
    amd don't have the same money of Intel to spend in stupid things like this. Intel every year presents a new generation cpu(its the same with 100mhz up clock) as a new generation cpu with a lot of new things and better performance(sometimes its worse) because they have the money for that. In gpu side the problem is the same and gpu market is not making so much money this days even for nvidia, for some reason the nvidia are putting out another products out of gpu makert

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied
    Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post

YES!!! EPYC 5000! That is what I really wanted. But at a low TDP of 35W to 45W. I could seriously make use of IPMI without a GPU embedded in a socketed processor. Perhaps even have the same performance as my Ryzen 3 2200G but at a low power consumption for a server. And I have no need for a gaming motherboard for a server with red LED lights in motherboard...
    Since the movement in enterprise & cloud datacenters is to reduce socket counts AMD went for the sweet spot (1P with multi-core)so Epyc could get established.

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

I wish they would sell the AMD Athlon and similiar small apus with ECC on....I can not find any Pro on the market. If someone has a hint I would be delighted.
    Since Ryzen Pro was sold only to OEM's, your best bet is to purchase a pull from eBay.

Another option would be to see if there is a system integrator in town who can buy in OEM quantities and see if they will sell you one.

Leave a comment:

• Kver
    replied
    AMD to Intel: "Put your mouth on the curb!"

Leave a comment:

• GraysonPeddie
    replied
    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    Personally I would prefer a real server chip. Right now AMD has a gap in their server lineup. There are no Zen parts that replace the Opteron 4000 series. As a refresher, Opteron 4000 was a proper 2P server chip, socketed, ECC, and with SKUs in the 35w to 95w TDP range. Athlon/Ryzen are not server chips. EPYC 3000 competes in this TDP range, but it's an embedded processor more akin to Opteron 3000 series. EPYC 7000 is only in much higher TDP brackets. That said, the marketing names leave a curious opening, that I hope they will soon fill: EPYC 5000 series anyone?
    YES!!! EPYC 5000! That is what I really wanted. But at a low TDP of 35W to 45W. I could seriously make use of IPMI without a GPU embedded in a socketed processor. Perhaps even have the same performance as my Ryzen 3 2200G but at a low power consumption for a server. And I have no need for a gaming motherboard for a server with red LED lights in motherboard...

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    I stopped following the news on new CPUs ~5 years ago, I'll just buy the newest version when it's time to upgrade.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X