Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Details Lakefield With Hybrid Technology

Phoronix: Intel Details Lakefield With Hybrid Technology

Intel has provided more public details today on their hybrid processor efforts, initially with their "Lakefield" CPUs for small form factor devices...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Intel Hybrid Technology

Comment

Also known as "big.LITTLE" in ARM design, and it's a pretty old concept as well.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        Intel Hybrid Technology

battlestar galactica pic
        For the kids watching from home:
        This is an image of a Cylon Hybrid (human-looking machine of evil machine empire) from the Battlestar Galactica universe.
        I had to ask Google image search about wtf is this from, I've never been a fan of BG myself.

EDIT: now more generic
        Last edited by starshipeleven; 10 June 2020, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          For the kids watching from home:
          This is an image of a Cylon Hybrid (human-looking machine of evil machine empire) from the old Battlestar Galactica series.
          I had to ask Google image search about wtf is this from, I've never been a fan of BG myself.
          Isn't this from the new Battlestar Galactica? I don't remember Cylon-Human hybrids from the Original BSG.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackN64 View Post
            Isn't this from the new Battlestar Galactica? I don't remember Cylon-Human hybrids from the Original BSG.
            Might be, as I said, I don't know much about that myself.

Comment

This is basically Intel's version of what ARM calls big.LITTLE which they had since 2011 so Intel is 9 years late.

Comment

What a Topology challenge: can't wait to have one of those to refractor software

Comment

800MHz base clock? that's slow enough that it might be comparable to Libre-SOC's quadcore processor in multithreaded performance! lkcl

Comment

Originally posted by cyring View Post
                    What a Topology challenge: can't wait to have one of those to refractor software
                    should all happen in the OS, the scheduler will move threads around to "better cores".

Just look at what big.LITTLE does on ARM, applications don't care, it's the kernel that moves threads around, enables/disables cores as needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X