Benchmarking The Updated Intel CPU Microcode For SRBDS / CrossTalk Mitigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueweb View Post
    For entertainment of the times, the prematurely named specter-meltdown-checker is great fun: https://github.com/speed47/spectre-meltdown-checker
    Spectre, Meltdown, Foreshadow, Fallout, RIDL, ZombieLoad vulnerability/mitigation checker for Linux & BSD

they are reaching the limits of github subtitle size right there.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post

Or ZDU: zero-day unit. Given the two-year embargo I wonder what kind of bugs they're still hiding from the public.
      Since the opspace is unlimited I can pretty much guarantee really interesting fuzzed opspace bugs.
      I suspect some really interesting "knocking" instructions aswell.

A processor is not a trusted black box for running code; on the contrary, modern x86 chips are packed full of secret instructions and hardware bugs. In this ...

Comment

About I year ago I attended a lecture about Intel's HT vulnerabilities. At the very end, the presenter showed us a block scheme of a Skylake chip, pointed his laser pointer at the L1 cache and write buffer units and said: „So, today we covered these two. And now look how many other subunits there are left...“. Boy, was he right...

Comment

I'm somewhat curious as to how this will affect multiprocessing with many different apps. The mitigation description says it halts all L1 synchronization, so that should severely affect OTHER apps/containers/vm's running on the same hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post

Since the opspace is unlimited I can pretty much guarantee really interesting fuzzed opspace bugs.
            I suspect some really interesting "knocking" instructions aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajccZ7LdvoQ
            The thing I hate the most about this: there are critical systems built on this garbage. We're literally an opcode away from getting pwned.

Comment

Working...
            X