Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CrossTalk/SRBDS Shows Possibility Of Leaking Information Across Physical CPU Cores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrossTalk/SRBDS Shows Possibility Of Leaking Information Across Physical CPU Cores

Phoronix: CrossTalk/SRBDS Shows Possibility Of Leaking Information Across Physical CPU Cores

This morning I noted CrossTalk / SRBDS as the newest side-channel vulnerability following Intel's monthly security advisories being sent out. It turns out Intel broke their own embargo on the disclosure and I happened to spot it quickly before they retracted it. In the hours since, the university researchers behind this CrossTalk vulnerability reached out and have provided an embargoed copy of the whitepaper. As of now, the formal disclosure time has passed so information on this new side-channel Intel CPU vulnerability is public and it shows for the first time that speculative execution can enable attackers to leak sensitive information across physical cores on Intel CPUs.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

nothing turn me on like more slowdown to my 3gen CPU
    thanks daddy intel

Comment

Intel: make it stop!
      Security bugs: stop hitting yourself!

Comment

Are AMD cpus affected or unaffected by this?

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
          This one seems specific to Intel. It was also initially discovered 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
            It's specific to the design of the Intel chips. No one else is affected.

Comment

Working...
            X