The AMD Ryzen 5 4500U / Ryzen 7 4700U Against Intel With 141 Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AMD Ryzen 5 4500U / Ryzen 7 4700U Against Intel With 141 Benchmarks

Phoronix: The AMD Ryzen 5 4500U / Ryzen 7 4700U Against Intel With 141 Benchmarks

Following the initial benchmarks of the AMD Ryzen 5 4500U performance a few days ago, here is another more exhaustive look at the performance of this six-core Zen 2 mobile processor as well as that of the eight core Ryzen 7 4700U and several competing Intel CPUs in 140+ benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Excellent results and graphics, Michael but could you please add a narrow column to the last table between the tests column and the results column which contains ST or MT for single/multi-threaded tests respectively and maybe G for graphics/OpenCL tests. Makes it easier to read the results. Thank you!

Comment

In the past articles with the AMD vs intel mobile platforms, some readers mentioned that AMD was not performing very well.

One thing to keep in mind here is that both AMD offerings being compared don't have HyperThreading, which is too bad. AMD could be outperforming intel even more if this was done with a 4800u instead (not blaming you, Michael, you do include this information in the first page, I simply hadn't noticed it).
      The only reason I mention it is that I hadn't realized that before, in previous comparisons.

Comment

Intel needing 45W to do what AMD can do with 15W and the intel flagship 10nm offering is bringing up the rear, not a good time to be an Intel fanboi.

Comment

I'm following these benchmarks with great interest. However, I really would like to know the energy consume for each run. Peak performance is worthless for me if it means uncomfortably hot, 10 min battery life, or screaming fans. Keep it coming!

Comment

Originally posted by morydris View Post
            I'm following these benchmarks with great interest. However, I really would like to know the energy consume for each run. Peak performance is worthless for me if it means uncomfortably hot, 10 min battery life, or screaming fans. Keep it coming!
            "Performance-per-Watt metrics are currently being worked on as well now that there is the AMD Energy driver in Linux 5.8 as further comparisons beyond our original articles."
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by morydris View Post
              I doubt this amd 15 w cpu spend more power than intel 45w ones and even the 15w ones, when the intel turbo is on it spends energy like a desktop cpu. I will buy one of these when they arrive in my country with something like amd 4800u or 4900hs the igpu of these are at same level of a nvidia 950m who is enought for light gaming. Intel simple don't have nothing good to offer right now and I doubt in some leaks about the new igpus they most like will cost much more than amd

Comment

These laptops don't run on battery, so they?

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
                  These laptops don't run on battery, so they?
                  All these tests were run off AC.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix
                    Given laptop vendors generally being less than interested in Linux benchmarks/reviews, generally I have to buy the laptops for Linux testing, thus the limited selection compared to our desktop and server benchmarking.
                    I have noticed that several of the tech Youtube channels share product samples with each other on occasion. Some of them know very well what Phoronix is, and at least one of them was sampled an Asus Zephyrus G14 with a 4900HS. I don't know that 1+1+1 = opportunity, but I would like to think so.

Comment

Working...
                    X