Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wraith Master 1.0 Released For Controlling AMD RGB Fans On Linux

Phoronix: Wraith Master 1.0 Released For Controlling AMD RGB Fans On Linux

Wraith Master 1.0 has been released as the "feature complete" version of this Linux GUI application for providing RGB lighting controls for the AMD Wraith Prism heatsink under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great tool. Finally I can set my favorite RGB color [0 0 0].

Comment

Nothing like creating a complex/huge/slow build process for a simple utility.

Comment

I'll be happy to have a tool with no GUI, no CLI, not even configuration file. It would just turn off all RGB leds.

Comment

Thanks for covering my project, Michael! I'm glad you thought it was interesting enough to share.
          CochainComplex and etam , for what it's worth, tools like this are the only way to disable RGB LEDs on most components. And there's no configuration file, all the data is stored on the cooler—which means you can download the program, run it with sudo, shut off all LEDs, and delete it without fear of the lights turning back on! Trust me, I'm a critic of excessive RGB myself, and it's one of the reasons I wanted to create this—to give people who don't like the lights an option to put them out.

Comment

Originally posted by etam View Post
            I'll be happy to have a tool with no GUI, no CLI, not even configuration file. It would just turn off all RGB leds.
            Bad for you. I just turned that LED nonsense off in the UEFI settings, but that's a GUI..

Comment

Originally posted by etam View Post
              I have just the tool: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000804958487.html

Comment

Originally posted by Viki Ai View Post
                Is there a RGB Version of this tool available?

Comment

Originally posted by serebit View Post
                  Thanks for covering my project, Michael! I'm glad you thought it was interesting enough to share.
                  CochainComplex and etam , for what it's worth, tools like this are the only way to disable RGB LEDs on most components. And there's no configuration file, all the data is stored on the cooler—which means you can download the program, run it with sudo, shut off all LEDs, and delete it without fear of the lights turning back on! Trust me, I'm a critic of excessive RGB myself, and it's one of the reasons I wanted to create this—to give people who don't like the lights an option to put them out.
                  I'm just joking Yes I'm not a "fan" of RGB but this does not mean that others shouldn't have fun with it . As we all know its a matter of taste.

p.s.: Unfortunatly I dont have a Wraith RGB. But it is good to know that there is a tool which is really doing what I was joking about and therefore it would also be useful for me as an anti-rgb guy.
                  Last edited by CochainComplex; 12 May 2020, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Is there a way to run this as cli only, without having X installed?

Comment

Working...
                    X