Linux 5.8 To Bring An Arm CryptoCell Driver For True RNG Within TrustZone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.8 To Bring An Arm CryptoCell Driver For True RNG Within TrustZone

Phoronix: Linux 5.8 To Bring An Arm CryptoCell Driver For True RNG Within TrustZone

Queued up as one of the early changes in the cryptographic subsystem ahead of the Linux 5.8 kernel cycle this summer is an Arm CryptoCell driver...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ptoCell-Driver

But all this "TrustZone" "TEE" and "psp" still is a blackbox, right? Where I stuff in sensitive data, something happens and something else comes out, right?
    Hmm. Not sure I find that worthy of my trust.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Trust is in the sense that the device vendor can trust it, not to let you, the product (or more and more the training data for AI) do something malicious like heaven forbid disallow upload of the AI training data gathered from you.

Comment

Microsoft (90,000 patents) has financially & officially invested into "The Linux Foundation" & the "Open Invention Network". So now Microsoft & the USA NSA can directly invest into future source code development produced by The Linux Foundation". To truly internationalize this product, we need the other communist nations to also invest in Linux.
        Just now studied the increased introduction of complex open-source binaries into "systemd". Linux, Android, Chromium OS & Chrome OS are now so dependent on these upstream contributors. Linus is currently there, with his very strong & outstanding personality. Hopefully Linux & its dependencies will stay free of the various NSA's. Like the World Health Organization.

Comment

Working...
        X