Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More AMD Family 19h (Zen 3) Code Trickling Into Linux 5.7

Phoronix: More AMD Family 19h (Zen 3) Code Trickling Into Linux 5.7

We continue to see bits here and there of AMD Family 19h / Zen 3 support coming together for the mainline Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did they fihish with Zen 2, sensors, temperatures, optimizations ?

Comment

5.4 (released in December) had proper support for ECC for the first time after July 2019 Zen 2 launch. 5.6 has k10temp cpu temperature, currents, voltages, etc. I patched kernel 5.4 with 5.6 k10temp code since I needed nvidia drivers to work right now and they don't on 5.6 latest RC.

It will be great this time if AMD is ready on linux as well when they launch their new Zen 3. Although it sounds good right now, I remember reading similar news last year way before July about support for Zen 2 ECC memory in linux kernel being prepped up ahead of time and proper support... but that wasn't the case as I discovered when I got my new 3900x in July. It took almost one more year, and we are still waiting for a stable kernel with temperature and current monitoring.

Comment

Working...
      X