Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Announces EPYC 7532 + EPYC 7662 As Newest Rome Processors

Phoronix: AMD Announces EPYC 7532 + EPYC 7662 As Newest Rome Processors

AMD has expanded their 7002 series "Rome" family with the availability today of the EPYC 7662 as their latest 64-core / 128-thread offering and the EPYC 7532 as a new 32-core part but with a full 256MB cache to offer more per-core L3 cache than other 32-core processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

*intel left the chat*

Well they have to come up with good stuff. I dont want to be in their CPU department now..
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 19 February 2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Michael typo:
      "Remaining at the top end of the Rome line-up is the EPYC 7442", shouldn't it be 7742?

Comment

And here I was thinking the original amount of cache was a lot...

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
          Michael typo:
          "Remaining at the top end of the Rome line-up is the EPYC 7442", shouldn't it be 7742?
          Yep fixed thanks.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            And here I was thinking the original amount of cache was a lot...
            No kidding. This CPU cache is larger than my first hard drive. Woah!
            Last edited by torsionbar28; 19 February 2020, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              No kidding. This CPU cache is larger than my first hard drive. Woah!
              And here I was thinking that 640K was all we'd ever need.

Comment

So they're still holding back on the lower core count cpus with full cache? Or maybe the niche for those cpus is just too small for them ... It's maybe easier to develop a bios feature to disable some number of cores per ccx.

Comment

I ordered the 7262 exactly for that reason...

Comment

Originally posted by pegasus View Post
                    So they're still holding back on the lower core count cpus with full cache? Or maybe the niche for those cpus is just too small for them ... It's maybe easier to develop a bios feature to disable some number of cores per ccx.
                    My naive assumption would be silicon lottery with defect caches (is that even possible)?

Comment

Working...
                    X