Clear All

• torsionbar28
    replied
    Climb baby climb!

Leave a comment:

• Peter Fodrek
    replied
    Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
    Why's that Phoronix news? Azure and I bet AWS have such offers too since recently, but there hasn't been any news about that here.
    Maybe it is the last big cloud provider that offers Epyc as well as

AMD record stock price
    Historical daily share price chart and data for AMD since 1983 adjusted for splits and dividends. The latest closing stock price for AMD as of April 23, 2024 is 152.27. The all-time high AMD stock closing price was 211.38 on March 07, 2024. The AMD 52-week high stock price is 227.30, which is 49.3% above the current share price. The AMD 52-week low stock price is 81.02, which is 46.8% below the current share price. The average AMD stock price for the last 52 weeks is 130.85. For more information on how our historical price data is adjusted see the Stock Price Adjustment Guide.

And today's new record

or trend at maximum period

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied
    Why's that Phoronix news? Azure and I bet AWS have such offers too since recently, but there hasn't been any news about that here.

Azure rolled out Naples first at release but only used it for storage control. They announced they would be first with Rome, but not until the end of 2019. (I haven't looked if they can be provisioned yet)

We’re getting ready to give you even more power and even more choices when it comes to EC2 instances. We will soon launch C5a and C5ad instances powered by custom second-generation AMD EPYC “Rome” processors running at frequencies as high as 3.3 GHz. You will be able to use these compute-optimized instances to run your […]

AWS says they have Naples deployed, but on the EC2/AMD blog, and on the Epyc 2 release day, announced EC2 instances (C5a & C5ad) and later announced C5a.metal and C5ad.metal bare metal offerings, but no dates were provided on when they could be provisioned. Again, I haven't had a chance to login and see if in fact they can be provisioned yet.

I too saw the large Google press releases on their offering, but I suspect they are the first to translate the November announcements to an actual revenue service. It requires some validation. I never saw the same level of press for Azure and AWS and AMD Rome after the initial announcements.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    All depends upon news volume that day and how busy I am or not with other more interesting articles.

Leave a comment:

• EarthMind
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Google Cloud Rolls Out "N2D" VMs Built Atop AMD EPYC 7002 "Rome" CPUs

Phoronix: Google Cloud Rolls Out "N2D" VMs Built Atop AMD EPYC 7002 "Rome" CPUs

We are seeing more cloud providers now offering AMD EPYC 7002 "Rome" series processors with the latest being Google now offering the new N2D VM family in beta for their public cloud...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X