X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c117152
    replied
    Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

Already obsolete, like lower end Nvidia cards. Just make 8 GB of VRAM a standard, since games require it to max out textures.
    The maxed out textures are for 4k.

Leave a comment:

• zxy_thf
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    The pages for VCE and VCN in Wikipedia are so elusive: The section for VCE 4.0/4.1 has NO information at all, and same for VCN 2.0. It looks like AMD is being lazy here.

I just am tired that it is 2020 and AMD still does not provide 4:4:4 encoding/decoding support. NVIDIA did it with Maxwell. Intel did it with Ice Lake. So why not AMD?!
    VP9 is another big bummer and imo it's more important for laptops, because YouTube defaults to VP9 and a browser extension has to be installed to use H264...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: AMD Announcements From CES 2020: Ryzen 4000 Mobile Series, Radeon RX 5600 XT

The Radeon RX 5600 XT was officially announced. As expected, this Navi card "ultimate 1080p gaming" card has 36 compute units, 1375MHz game clock, 1560MHz boost clock, 6GB GDDR6 video memory.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Announcements
    Already obsolete, like lower end Nvidia cards. Just make 8 GB of VRAM a standard, since games require it to max out textures.

At least they announced laptop CPUs that are powerful enough to compete with high-end Intel offerings that make for nice workstations. Now, it's just a matter of waiting for a P series ThinkPad with such a CPU, and hoping Lenovo won't botch it…

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    The pages for VCE and VCN in Wikipedia are so elusive: The section for VCE 4.0/4.1 has NO information at all, and same for VCN 2.0. It looks like AMD is being lazy here.

I just am tired that it is 2020 and AMD still does not provide 4:4:4 encoding/decoding support. NVIDIA did it with Maxwell. Intel did it with Ice Lake. So why not AMD?!

Also see zxy_thf's point below.
    Last edited by tildearrow; 06 January 2020, 09:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Veerappan
    replied
    15 watts for a 8c/16t laptop APU? I'd prefer that it was at least Vega 10/11 instead of 8 and I'll take a look at the rest of the lineup later, but I will definitely be buying my new laptop this year (replacing a 2009 13" MacBook pro).

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Possible typo?:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The Ryzen Threadripper 3990WX will retail for $3990 USD

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    AMD! Where's your 5900 XT already!
    I am still waiting for the high-end Navi card!

Leave a comment:

• bachchain
    replied
    If only that six was an eight, I might care.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post

The engines and devs amped a lot the quality of the graphics, that is why
    Yep. My antique Radeon HD 7950 is probably able to run vkQuake in 4K ... which doesn't make it a modern 4K card.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by atomsymbol
    It is interesting that in year 2015 the R9 390/390X (5 TFLOPS FP32) were considered to be 4K gaming cards, while in year 2020 the RX 5600 XT (7 TFLOPS FP32) is considered to be a 1080p gaming card.
    The engines and devs amped a lot the quality of the graphics, that is why

Leave a comment:

Working...
X